These are the top five best Convertible Car Seats on the market, chosen from Hundreds of models.
- Side impact tested, Meets or exceeds all applicable federal safety standards and Evenflo's side impact test standard
- Designed and tested for structural integrity at energy levels approximately 2X the Federal crash test standard
- Multiple shoulder harness positions for better fit and longer use
- Upfront harness adjustment and buckle release allows easy and convenient adjusting
- Integrated body cushion gives added comfort to baby and an easily removable head pillow for older children
The Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat is considered very safe. One user thanks this car seat for her two-year-old daughter still being alive, which is about as dramatic and positive of an endorsement as you can get!
However, it’s also one of the best priced car seats on the market, and because of that it’s a little more basic than the others. Still, there are enough positive reviews to make it to number 5 on our 5 best car seat review list. This is a great choice for you if you are on a budget, or want an extremely lightweight and easily portable car seat.
- 3 modes of use include Rear-Facing from 5 to 35 pounds
- 5 point harness with QuickFit Harness System allows you to adjust harness height from the front in one easy step
- Features side impact protection, 3-position recline that adjusts with one hand, removable infant head support
- Has rotating arm rests and a detachable cup holder
- Versatile, extended use car seat from 5 to 100 pounds
- 3 modes of use include Rear-Facing from 5 to 35 pounds, Forward-Facing from 22 to 50 pounds and Booster Mode from 40 to 100 pounds
- 5-point harness with QuickFit Harness System allows you to adjust harness height from the front in one easy step
- Features side impact protection, 3-position recline that adjusts with one hand, removable infant head support, pillow and EPP energy absorbing foam
- Has rotating arm rests and a detachable cup holder
- Versatile, extended use car seat from 5-100 pounds (19"-52" recommended height)
The Bromley Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat is made in the USA by the world’s largest car seat manufacturing co, Dorel Juvenile Group. It’s sturdy and well built, and a great investment for your child’s growth, as it features 3 modes of use; Rear-Facing from 5 to 35 pounds, Forward-Facing from 22 to 50 pounds and Booster Mode from 40 to 100 pounds.
One user reported an accident where their truck flipped and landed upside down. The child walked away without any scratches or bruises, after being strapped in by the 5-point harness.
The Bromley is praised for it’s good quality, and the manufacturer confidently offers a 2 year warranty. The recline features are nice and the LATCH system works good in securing the system from moving side to side, even though the path to route the LATCH is at the very front of the seat, leaving the rear of the seat free to pivot up and down. It’s a great choice if you want an American-made quality car seat your kid can use for years, and you have a car roomy enough to host it.
- Recline Sure 9-position leveling system provides the most recline options of any convertible seat for an accurate fit in a wider range of vehicles
- Two Ride Right bubble levels indicate correct seat angle in both rear-facing and forward-facing modes
- Exclusive Super Cinch LATCH Tightener uses force-multiplying technology to help achieve a tight and secure fit with a fraction of the effort!
- Integrated slide path makes it easy to re-position LATCH strap for conversion from rear-facing to forward-facing
- 6-position headrest features integrated harness adjustment to accommodate growing children
- Exclusive Super Cinch latch Tightener uses force-multiplying technology to help achieve a tight and secure fit with a fraction of the effort
The Chicco NextFit Convertible Car Seat is very popular and ranks a high 4.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon. It’s very comfortable with a 9-position leveling system, which provides the most recline options of any convertible seat with both front-facing and rear-facing modes.
The sides are tall for protection, and users mention their toddlers can’t see out easily, nor can the parents see the toddler from the driver’s seat. Mirrors are suggested.
It’s a solid car seat, and it’s 5-point harness has a one-pull tightener plus a 2-position chest clip for growing children. This is an excellent choice for a solid, safe, and high ranking car seat. If you’d like to follow the advice of previous users, this seat is for you!
- DeepCradle maximum side-impact protection system.
- Side-face your baby for true ease of loading.
- Soft-touch breathable upholstery provides comfort for baby.
- Docks onto Orbit Baby G3 Stroller Base for travel system flexibility.
- Baby-safe orbitgreen fabrics certified clean by Oeko-Tex
The Orbit Baby G3 Toddler Convertible Car Seat is a high quality versatile car seat, that also fits in airplane seats with the side bars. The toddler seat can be installed without the base, as it comes with side bars to do so.
The sturdy construction also means it’s on the heavier end of the car seat weight spectrum, and some users complain it’s too heavy to get out of the car with the sleeping toddler still in it, to place it on top of the stroller frame. If you want to make sure the fabric is certified safe, which is the part your toddler is in contact with, and also want a stroller combination car seat, this is the one for you!
- 3-in-1 harness booster helps protect your child from toddler to youth
- Front facing car seat harness booster (22 - 65 lb.), high back booster (30 - 100 lb.), backless booster (40 - 100 lb.)
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System adjusts the height of your harness and headrest in one motion, to ensure that your child is always properly secured
- 3-position recline helps keep your growing child comfy
- Side-impact tested for occupant retention with built-in 5-point harness system
The Graco Nautilus 65 3-in-1 Harness Booster Convertible Car Seat is very safe in accordance with the New Car Assessment Program (NCAP). It’s rigorously crash-tested and made with EPS impact-absorbing foam.
Users confirm the safety with stories about landing upside down in an accident, without the seat moving at all, and the toddler making it out with only a few bruises and scrapes. Users also love the quality, saying the car seat lasted right up until it expired, and even then it was still working flawlessly. The seat is very easy to install, and to use.
Most users praise the Graco car seat, and considering the outstanding quality for the very modest price, we think this is the very best overall convertible car seat you can purchase. Enjoy!
Convertible Car Seats Buyer’s Guide
There’s a lot of technical terms being thrown around in these reviews, so it may benefit you to brush up on some of the features to look for when purchasing the car seat for your needs. Here’s a quick breakdown of some terms you’ll often see and how they relate to your car seat experience.
5-Point Harness: This is a random signal with a constant density. This function can be used to mask disruptive ambient noise.
Side-Impact Protection: This is a medical study of how to increase the time and depth of your sleep. This science began at the start of the 20th century.
Latch System: (Slow Wave Sleep) This is a level of rest where our body gets the most benefits. There are 4 stages to deep sleep.
Rear/Front-Facing Seats: This technology cancels out background noise. This process is known to make your conversations clearer by reducing ambient noise..
Keep these terms in mind when comparing prices and features to find the Best Convertible Car Seat!