These are the top five best Document Cameras on the market, chosen from Dozens of models.
- 8.0 Megapixel camera; For Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Mac OS X 10.8 and above and Chromebook
- Ziggi-HD Plus's high-resolution 8 Megapixel camera can achieve up to 3264 x 2448 pixels when directly connected to PC or Mac
- Up to 30 fps live video capture (at full HD)
- 12x continuous digital zoom
- Full autofocus lens; USB 2.0 Video Class (UVC) interface
The Ipevo Ziggi-HD Plus, with its impressive 8.0 megapixel camera and USB connection, is the highest resolution document camera on this list. This powerful camera allows up to 3264 x 2448 pixels once you connect it to a PC or Mac, making it a valuable contribution to any classroom or workplace. The macro focus goes up to 3.94″, which is nearly twice as powerful as other Ipevo products, and makes this document camera a great find.
This Ipevo product is designed for education and business with its live video capture and full auto-focus lens. This range of practical, easy-to-use features makes the Ziggi-HD Plus a useful document camera for teachers and business people alike. The Ipevo presenter software works alongside these specifications to provide versatility, so you can capture all of the important materials during your teaching sessions or presentations at an affordable price.
- Fast scanning doc camera-- click and scan, one scan is ready within 1 second
- Smart visual presenter-- able to scan books, photos, cards, 3D objects;to set automatical scanning;with software to edit pictures and to create your own digital books easily; 12x zoom
- Recording videos & audios-- with built-in microphone, able to record audios and videos. It is easy for you to record your experiments/ demonstration
- Easy to use and portable-- suitable for home and public.
- Noted: Its software doesn't work with APPLE MAC. If irregular symbols appear when installing software, It is caused by improper decoding, and users are able to install it simply and successfully. After installation, the software functions are not affected.
The Gigibon overhead book scanner, with its high-definition camera and built-in microphone, is the best bang for your buck. This handy design is ideal for classrooms, libraries, and a variety of demonstrations and is a useful document camera for teachers. This smart visual presenter makes it easy to scan books, photos, cards and 3D objects, while you can set this device to scan automatically to get the most out of this Gigibon product.
This Gibigon product also makes it easy to record videos and audio in a variety of locations. The built-in microphone allows you to document your experiments and demonstrations, while the easy-to-use portable design ensures that you can capture your work at home or in public. This fast, easy-to-use document camera is an affordable way to make copies of books and other items at work or at home and record your work.
- Image Sensor:0.31" Color CMOS / Resolution:5 Megapixel / Video Signals:RGB / Aperture Range:2.9
- Platform Supported:PC / Interfaces/Ports:1 x Mini-B USB 2.0 - USB,1 x 15-pin Mini D-sub RGB In,1 x Type A HDMI - Video In,1 x 15-pin Mini D-sub RGB Out,1 x Type A HDMI - Video Out,1 x USB 1.1 - USB / Input Voltage:110 V AC,220 V AC / Height:13.3"
- Depth:8.9" / Weight (Approximate):1.21 lb / Package Contents:MO-1 Visual Presenter,Power Cord,AC Adapter,USB Cable,Software, User Manual, Quick Start Guide,Warranty Card, / Additional Information:Body Color: White,Power consumption: 4.2W (standby 0.25W)/USB 3.3W,Effective pixels: 2,048 (H) x 1,536 (V),Shooting area Max.: 257mmx 342 mm (10.1" x 13.4") (WXGA/XGA/VGA),Focus: Auto(one-push)/Manual,Flicker correction,White balance: Auto/Manual/Outdoor/Fluorescent light/Incandescent lamp,Still
- Power Cord / AC Adapter / USB Cable / Software, User Manual, Quick Start Guide
The Elmo MO-1 visual presenter, with its 0.31 in. Color CMOS image sensor and 5 megapixel resolution, is a small, portable document camera. This model is smaller than a business envelope, so it is easy to fit into any small handbag or jacket pocket. The Elmo MO-1 is designed conveniently for instructions and presentations anywhere, so, whether you are in or out of the classroom or office, you can utilize this handy visual presenter.
This Elmo product is one of the highest quality mobile imaging presenters on the market courtesy of its RGB video signals and 2.9 aperture range. The impressive camera features work alongside the simple, stylish design to create a visual presenter that is lightweight and easy to carry in any situation. This user-friendly device also pairs effortlessly with the Elmo tablet partners to create dynamic, smooth-flowing lessons and talks.
#2 – Lumens Dc120 Ladibug
- Crystal Clear High-Definition Image Clarity, 25 Foot Range, Superior Color Reproduction Quality, Video & Audio Recording via USB to Computer, Built-in Microphone, Installs Itself with One Wire, Built-in LED light Lamp.
- Free Annotation Software. Use your software or download the free Ladibug software. 5 Year Unlimited REPLACEMENT Warranty
- Output Resolution XGA (1024 x 768), SXGA (1280x960), UXGA (1600x1200). Frame Rate30 fps (maximum). Zoom Ratio 5.5x mechanical zoom. Capture Area 15.7"x11.8" (400 x 300 mm)
- Built-in 100-240 VAC Auto Switching Power Supply, USB 2.0 High Speed (up to 480 Mbps) for independent use or seamless integration with interactive whiteboards
- Support PC Windows 7, XP, Vista and Mac OSX (free download from Lumens website)
The Lumens DC120 Ladibug, with its high-definition image and 25-foot range, is a lightweight document camera suitable for a variety of occasions. The installation is easy, as the DC120 Ladibug installs itself with One Wire and connects directly to your computer via a USB cable. This model connects to your computer for both installation and power, making it a plug and play multi-use document camera ideal for interactive whiteboards and other presentation tools.
This Lumens product is near the top of document camera reviews due to its fast transfer of data, which reaches a speed up to 480 Mbps through the USB cable. The quick transfer of data works alongside the built-in microphone and lamp to ensure that this document camera has everything you need to enjoy a carefree, interactive presentation. Capture all of the details using the digital zoom and record streaming videos effortlessly with this ready-to-use document camera.
- Wirelessly stream live images of documents and much more to iPad - no computer required
- Wireless freedom - engage students from anywhere in the room, or even outside
- Turn iPad into an interactive whiteboard; annotate your material in real time with iPad and the IPEVO Whiteboard app
- iZiggi-HD also works wirelessly with PC or Mac
- Stream high-resolution video wirelessly on iPad, PC or Mac, up to 1600 x 1200 pixels
- Enlarge small text; perfect for the elderly and the visually impaired
- Multi-jointed stand and swiveling head for effortless, versatile capture
- Exposure toggle, autofocus switch, built-in battery, and other smart features
The Ipevo iZiggi-HD, with its wireless design and iPad-friendly features, is our top pick for best document camera. This advanced product makes it easy to stream high-resolution video up to 1600×1200 pixels to the device of your choice, so you can optimize your teaching or working environment with ease. You can use this top-notch portable document camera for any presentation in any place with its innovative design and its useful features.
This Ipevo product also encompasses a number of smart camera tools that make it our number one choice for best overall document camera. This easy-to-use model is ideal for the elderly and the visually-impaired, as it enlarges small text, although it works well for anyone working with texts that are difficult to read. The additional functions, like the exposure toggle and auto-focus switch, also make this document camera the best you can buy.
Document Cameras Buyer’s Guide
There’s a lot of technical terms being thrown around in these reviews, so it may benefit you to brush up on some of the features to look for when purchasing the best document camera for your needs. Here’s a quick breakdown of some terms you’ll often see and how they relate to your document camera experience.
Capture Area: The capture area refers to the space available to place different document types and objects under the camera so that you can use your document camera for a variety of purposes. The larger the capture area, the better the document camera, as there will be added room to capture different items.
Frame Rate: The frame rate is the frequency at which frames in a television picture, film, or video sequence are displayed and is measured in frames per second. The typical frame rate for a document camera is 30 fps.
Gooseneck: The document camera gooseneck is the flexible bit that attaches the camera to the base. A flexible gooseneck is ideal when selecting a document camera, as it allows you to move the device around and achieve full-range views.
Keep these terms in mind when comparing prices and features to find the Best Document Camera!