These are the top five best electric smokers on the market, chosen from hundreds of models.
5. Smokehouse Big Chief
- Front loading electric smoker comes with recipe/instruction booklet and 1.75-pound bag of Chips n' Chunks hickory flavor wood fuel
- Non-adjustable heating element operates at 165 degrees Fahrenheit
- Easy-slide chrome-plated grills; maximum capacity flavor fuel pan; dishwasher safe drip pan
- Durable, embossed aluminum construction; for outdoors use only
- UL, CUL, and CSA listed; no-assembly required; 2-year limited warranty
Accurately named, the Smokehouse Big Chief knows its function and sticks to it. With five cooking racks, this machine is able to hold and smoke up to 50 pounds of meat and seafood. If you’re looking for party-sized servings, this machine delivers and then some. A smoker recipe and instruction booklet is included with your purchase, along with a 1.75 lbs bag of wood chips.
While the Big Chief doesn’t have many bells and whistles, this only simplifies its operation. This model has a fixed temperature of 165 degrees, features a front-loading display and doesn’t require assembly. Just sit back and enjoy smoking with the Smokehouse Big Chief – because that’s pretty much all there is to it.
4. Smokin-it-Model #2
- All Stainless Steel Construction
- Smoker is Insulated to reduce heat loss
- NEW 800 watt heating element (replaceable ) NSF Certified for Restaurant use.
- In. dim. 15"x 15" x 20" Out. dim. 17-1/4" x21-1/2" x 24" add 2-3/4" to height with casters install
- 3" Diameter Rubber Casters and 4 removable shelves included. NEW side handles for easy movement and lifting of the smoker.
While it doesn’t have a ton of flashy features, the Smokin-It Model #2 is both both mobile and rugged at the same time. Wheels on the front and back, as well as handles on the sides, allow it to move from the garage to the yard with ease, while its stainless steel design is durable and easy to clean. This simple-to-use model has a rheostat for controlling the temperature, an easily accessible drip pan and smoke box for wood chips, as well as LED interior lights.
The Smokin-It Model #2 has one of the smallest footprints on the market, but that doesn’t stop it from holding up to 35 pounds of meat or seafood. It also comes with a sample bag of hickory smoked wood chips. This machine is extremely easy to setup and was designed for ease of use and portability. With a three-year warranty, the Smoke-It Model #2 has the longest warranty of all our picks: enjoy smoking meats in this model for years to come.
3. Bradley BTDS76P
- 4-Rack outdoor smoker with user-friendly digital controls
- 500-Watt stainless-steel heating bar; 125-watt burner
- Smoke generator automatically feeds wood bisquettes
- Adjustable time, smoke, and temperature settings
- Measures 14 by 24 by 31 inches; 1-year limited warranty
From the 280-degree max temperature to the sheer amount of smoke filtering through your meat, the Bradley BTDS76P lets you customize the atmosphere your meat smokes in. Being able to control your smoke is not a feature typically offered through a digital interface like this machine has. This model’s digital display puts all of the controls within reach.
The BTDS76P’s design is one of the most efficient and mobile electric smoker designs on the market. Its stainless steel interior is insulated and easy to clean, while a detachable generator makes it even easier to move this 43-pound machine around the yard or take it with you to the park. Smoking on-the-go has never been easier with the Bradley BTDS76P.
2. Char-Broil Deluxe 1000
- Insulated, double-wall construction
- Advanced control panel with easy-read, blue led display
- Removable food thermometer
- Glass door for easy food viewing
- Large, stainless steel locking latch for smoke-tight seal
There isn’t much the Char-Broil Deluxe 1000 can’t do or fit inside of its spacious, 1000 square-inch interior. Removable racks make it easy to transport meat to and from the its ample cooking space, while an enhanced remote keeps the user in control of the smoking process at all times.
Every part of the Deluxe 1000 is geared towards making smoking easy and hassle-free. An integrated handle, air-tight door latch and wheels give this machine mobility, while its large smoke box lets it work for hours at a time without supervision. Cooking large amounts of meat and seafood just got a whole lot easier and much more fun with the Char-Broil Deluxe 1000.
1. Masterbuilt 20075315
The Masterbuilt 20075315’s combination of brains and brawn make it our pick for the top electric smoker on the market. Whether through the digital display or a remote, you’re in constant control of the 975 square inches of cooking space. With this model’s remote you can adjust the overall interior temperature, cooking time and meat temperature, as well as turn on and off the entire machine and the built-in light.
Extra features like the meat probe, air damper and viewing window take the Masterbuilt 20075315 to another level, but it doesn’t sacrifice safety to get there. This machine is the perfect marriage between form and function. Turn up your summer and satisfy your guests’ stomachs with this exquisite electric smoker.
Best Overall Electric Smoker
No matter what specific requirements you have in an electric smoker, it’s safe to assume the Masterbuilt 20075315 will satisfy them all. It has ample cooking space, offering 975 square inches of room with four cooking racks to smoke delicious meat and seafood.
Its controllable features are unmatched; this smoker includes both a digital display and a remote, which controls and monitors the internal temperature, meat temperature, cooking time and can turn the light on and off, as well as the entire smoker. Countless other features like the meat probe, side-loading wood chip system and air damper provide additional reasons to make the Masterbuilt 20075315 your long-term smoking solution. Smoke in style with this unit.
“The 40-inch electric smoker by Masterbuilt is a beast. With four huge smoke racks you can easily cook for a company barbecue with this machine.” -Verified Amazon Customer
Best Electric Smoker For The Money
At nearly half the price of most electric smokers on the market, the Smokehouse Big Chief provides plenty of smoking power for you to enjoy. One look at the name tells you all you need to know about this machine, it’s big. The Big Chief has the capacity to hold up to 50 pounds of meat or seafood on its five available racks. That’s insane. It’s the type of space that’ll make you consider hosting barbecues every weekend.
Factor in the front-loading display, no required assembly and simplicity of a temperature preset and you’ve got all the reasons you need to purchase the Smokehouse Big Chief, especially at its affordable price point.
“Lightweight, easy to use. Have smoked many different kinds of fish and the results have been excellent.” – Verified Amazon Customer
Electric Smoker Buyer’s Guide
There’s a lot of terms being thrown around in these reviews, so it may benefit you to brush up on some of the features to look for when purchasing the best electric smoker for your needs. Here is a quick breakdown of some terms you’ll often see and how they relate to your cooking experience.
How To Use An Electric Smoker
An electric smoker is the most user-friendly and convenient way to smoke meats or seafood. Unlike charcoal smokers, with an electric smoker you can set it and forget it because you don’t have to spend half the day monitoring the process.
- Prep Your Meat or Seafood: Depending on how you want it to cook or what you want your food to taste like, you will need to prepare your meat or seafood with a seasoning or marinade first. To ensure flavor will be absorbed, you can let it sit overnight and really let it soak into the meat.
- Load In Wood Chips: Many electric smokers are designed with a wood chip area beneath the heat source. Depending on the smoke flavor you want to achieve there are many different types of wood chips you can buy: hickory, cedar, alder, maple, cherry and plum. Four cups of wood chips usually lasts for five hours of smoking.
- Set Electric Smoker Temperature: Make sure you set and reach your desired temperature for your meat or seafood on the electric smoker before you start cooking. Meat will properly smoke in three to eight hours. Have a meat thermometer on hand if your electric smoker doesn’t have one built-in.
- Sit Back And Enjoy: There isn’t too much else to it other than your smoking pleasure. Just make sure you’re checking on your meat every hour until it’s done.
Cooking Space: While cooking space is a pretty self-explanatory term, finding an electric smoker with enough capacity is vital for your desired food output. Many of the top models on the market reference their available cooking space in either square inches or by how much meat and seafood they hold in pounds. The amount of racks is also a key indicator into the amount of cooking versatility you’ll have with each machine.
Meat Probe: A meat probe is a fancier way of saying a thermometer for meat. Built-in meat probes are extremely valuable to help measure the internal temperature of your meat. Only high-end models offer these helpful tools and their importance should carry weight in terms of your decision.
Air Damper: An air damper is a vent that helps regulate the temperature within your electric smoker. Models with air dampers offer higher levels of control–usually through a remote control or digital display–over the internal temperature of your machine, which is vital in terms of what you’re cooking and the atmosphere you want your food smoking in.
Keep these terms in mind when comparing prices and features to find the best electric smoker for you!