These are the top five best Electric Tillers on the market, chosen from Hundreds of models.
- Powerful transmission with dual tines break up soil to allow water and nutrients to reach plant roots
- Powered by 20-volt MAX lithium-ion battery, with longer lifespan and charge retention than NiCad batteries
- Cultivates up to 325 square feet per charge
- Counter-oscillating tines prevent weeds from tangling
- 2-year limited warranty; includes battery and Energy Star-qualified charger
If you are looking for a tiller that is perfect for small tasks around the garden, then the Black & Decker Lithium Cordless Garden cultivator is the one you should definitely check out. The unit is lightweight and provides maximum comfort because anyone can easily use this tiller.
Additionally, the tiller is battery powered which provides further convenience. It can easily cultivate up to 325 feet with a single charge. The weeds are prevented from tangling due to the counter-oscillating tines. The Black+Decker tiller is lightweight and has been designed to cause less fatigue during use.
- Powerful 850W motor
- 4 robust steel tines - with 4 extra-sharp blades - capable of tilling to an impressive 8.6 inches deep and 12.5 inches wide
- Double handled for stability and easy maneuverability
- Features safety cut out protection switch
- Lightweight 20.7 lbs design
The Vonhaus Electric Garden Tiller is one of the best options for electric tillers that’s available. With it’s powerful tilling and relatively small size, it’s a portable and comfortable tool to push around your yard.
The variable speed control on this model will ensure that you’re able to do even the most precise tilling jobs without needing to worry about overdoing a certain cultivation. If you want to get the job done without straining yourself, consider this product!
The environment friendly Earthwise corded electric tiller is a powerful tiller suitable for jobs around the garden, lawn, and more. The 8.5 Amp motor provides sufficient power for even the toughest jobs.
Additionally, the tiller is aesthetically appealing and the steel tines easily cut through hard dirt, making gardening a piece of cake! The Earthwise electric tiller doesn’t use a gas supply so you won’t have to keep refilling it. This tiller has four strong steel four-blade tines and wheels to make moving it around easier.
- Ideal for small to medium gardens and flower beds
- Powerful 9-amp motor cultivates up to 18" wide x 7" deep
- 6 steel tilling blades for maximum durability and performance
- No gas, oil or tune-ups make it effortless to start and maintain
- ETL approved; Full 2-year warranty
The Sun Joe electric tiller is packed up with numerous features, which makes it a decent investment if you like taking care of your garden or lawn.
Apart from being portable, the tiller provides a nice tilling width, which enables you to be more productive in a short time. Having an electric cord is also convenient, as you won’t have to worry about running out of gas or the batteries dying. The ergonomic design of the unit provides comfort when in use. The Sun Joe electric tiller has 6 steel tilling blades that offer maximum durability as well as performance.
- The powerful and clean electric motor starts just by plugging the unit in an pulling the trigger making it the easiest tiller to start and use
- A weight of only 21 pounds makes the Mantis Electric Tiller easy to carry and maneuver
- The powerful electric motor provides the same tilling performance as gas powered tillers in a clean alternative
- The compact design allows the tiller to get in tight spaces and be stored where larger tillers can not go
- The patented reversible tines can be used to till down 10 inches or shallow cultivate the top 2 to 3 inches of soil
The Mantis 7250-00-02 electric tiller is a compact and lightweight tiller which is perfect for raised beds or even small gardens. The features make it the best garden tiller in which to invest.
Despite being an electric model, the power provided by the tiller is equal to that of a gas one. Additionally, the tiller doesn’t make much noise because of which you can use it at any time without worrying about disturbing the neighbors. The patented reversible tills featured in the Mantis electric tiller can be used to till down 10 inches or even to shallow cultivate the top 2-3 inches of soil.
Electric Tillers Buyer’s Guide
There’s a lot of technical terms being thrown around in these reviews. It doesn’t matter if you read rototiller reviews or even rear tine tiller reviews, a lot of them won’t tell you the important factors you need to look out for when buying an electric tiller. Most of these reviews use a lot of technical language. So, it may benefit you to brush up on some of the features to look for when purchasing the best electric tiller for your needs. Here’s a quick breakdown of some terms you’ll often see and how they relate to your electric tiller experience.
Horsepower: The size of your garden determines the horsepower you require. You wouldn’t want to buy a tiller which has numerous great features but provides insufficient horsepower. If you garden is less than 1,500 square feet, then even a mini tiller is perfect for you. However, for a medium sized garden you would need a tiller which provides at least 5 HP.
Removable Tines: You should try to buy a unit that has removable tines because hard and tough soil bends and jams them. Removable tines are easy to replace as well as easy to repair which is why you should be buying a tiller with removable tines if you want to work on soil that is quite tough.
Design: When buying an electric tiller, the overall design plays an important role. The tiller you’re interested in buying should be light in weight. If it comes with a heavy motor then at least it should have wheels for easy portability. The handles should also be comfortable to hold and make for easy maneuverability. You don’t want to feel fatigued before you even started using the tiller just because you were getting it out of the shed and into the garden.
The Right Blade: Tillers have three basic blades and you have got to choose the one which suits your needs the best. The bolo blade is perfect for burrowing deep into the ground while the slasher blade is for flowerbed spaces where hardy roots and thick vegetation has overgrown. Meanwhile, the pick and chisel blade is particularly suitable for hard soil. Select a tiller that comes with blade meat for the task you want to perform.
Keep these terms in mind when comparing prices and features to find the Best Electric Tiller!