These are the top five best Food Dehydrators on the market, chosen from Hundreds of models.
- Digital control for precise temperature setting: Temperature Range - 8 Settings from 95 F - 158 F
- Timer setting to get desired accurate dehydrating time: Timer Range - 0:30 Minutes to 19:30 Hours, 30 minute increments
- Cool-Touch White Plastic Housing with Rear Fan, 6 Removable Stainless Steel Drying Trays and 6 Mesh Sheet to Hold Small Fruit
- Clear Front View Panel, BPA-Free, Digital LED Display
- 5-year warranty for your peace of mind
The Aroma Nutriware features a cool to the touch BPA-free plastic exterior, which makes it light to carry without having to deal with the plastic taste and smell in your food. If you want a food dehydrator that is enough for a small family, this model will leave you satisfied.
This product is designed to dehydrate various types of food, from fruits to beef jerky. It comes equipped with height-adjustable trays, which work perfect for different types of food that vary in sizes. Unlike many other dehydrators, the Aroma Nutriware is extremely quiet, which allows you to leave it on overnight.
The Tribest Sedona Express features an all-digital controls and displays. The glass door allows you to track your food as it’s drying. This dehydrator allows your to go up to 167 degrees in temperature, which is the highest temperature of all the competitors listed in this article.
Although this product is powered by 470 watts, it features 11 trays, which allows you to dry plenty of food all at once. It also features one of the most impressive warranties on the market; a 10 year warranty that will give you a complete peace of mind.
#3 – Excalibur 9-Tray
- Outer Case Stainless Steel Inserts with Stainless Trays Adjustable Thermostat 105F to 165F, 7-inch fan, 600 watts CLEAR door! *NEW* Made of Clear, Polycarbonate Material 12-1/2"H x 17"W x 19"D, Made in USA 9 large trays, 15 sq ft of drying space, 2
It is no secret the Excalibur is one of the top dehydrators on the market. Between its 600 watts power, and its 15 square feet capacity, this product is the best of both worlds. It offers nine trays, which is plenty of space to dry different types of food at the same time. The rear fan is powered by ParallexTM and HyperwaveTM fluctuation technology, which is an extremely effective heat and dry combination. This impressive technology allows all the food to dry evenly and within a desired time range.
The Excalibur is equipped with a seven inch fan, which is large enough to dry all different food quickly, as well as make your house smell rather delicious. This dehydrator features a polycarbonate, clear door, which allows you to watch your food dry, while providing solid front construction. If you want large capacity, medium power, and strong structure, the Excalibur will give you just that, while looking remarkably good on your kitchen counter.
#2 – TSM Food Dehydrator
- Excellent for raw food diets or making natural snacks like jerky fruit leathers apple chips or any of your favorite dried fruits or vegetables
- 10 stainless steel shelves 22ga - 304 food grade stainless steel housing will not rust
- 800 watt heating element and fan creates horizontal air flow. Maintains even dehydrating temperatures Adjustable thermostat; temperature range from 90º - 165ºF
- Rack design allows for thorough interior. Removable back panel houses motor and electrical components for cleaning and routine maintenance also allows for cleaning and routine maintenance.
- Outside dimensions: 17 x 19 x 16.25 inch
This is a powerful and spacious dehydrator. The TSM Products dehydrator features 10 shelves in a 16 square feet drying area, which are powered by 800 watts. Some may argue that this dehydrator can be used for both private and commercial use, mainly due to its large capacity potential.
Many customers praise this product for being extremely quiet, which is a huge compliment for such a powerful machine. Everyone who tried this dehydrator agrees that it is quite simple to clean. This product comes with an easy-to-follow instruction manual, which provides plenty of information to help you get started straight out of the box.
- Features 1200 Watts of Power, 95 to 155 Degrees of Horizontal Air Flow, 16 Square Feet of Drying Space with 10 Stainless Steel Trays
- Dehydrator Dimensions: 20.0 -Inch Long X 17.5-Inch Wide X 15.0-Inch High, with 16.0 -Inch X 14.0-Inch 100% Stainless Steel Trays - NOT Chrome Plated
- This Unit Also Features 1200 Watts of Heating Power with a 7 Inch Rear Mounted HORIZONTAL AIR FLOW Dehydrating Fan System
- Over 30,000 STX Dehydrators Have Been Sold Nationwide in the Last Seven Years While Maintaining an Incredible 99.8% Customer Approval Rate
- All STX Products Include a 1 year - 100% - Fix or Replace Guarantee, Parts and Labor Included, comes with 15-Hour Timer and Drip Tray
This product is considered one of the most popular food dehydrators on the market. With over 30,000 units sold, this product has been tested and customers love it. This product allows you to take it apart, removing the racks and the rack guides, which then gives you the freedom of washing it any way you want.
This dehydrator comes equipped with 100% FDA approved silicone mats so you can make fruit roll-ups. The powerful 1200 watts dehydrator features a huge drying area, which comes with stainless steel shelves that are both easy to clean and free of any chemicals.
Food Dehydrators Buyer’s Guide
There’s a lot of technical terms being thrown around in these reviews, so it may benefit you to brush up on some of the features to look for when purchasing the food dehydrator for your needs. Here’s a quick breakdown of some terms you’ll often see and how they relate to your food dehydrator experience.
Capacity: The capacity of your food dehydrator is the amount of drying space you get inside of your food dehydrator. This could vary anywhere from a small four square feet, to 16 square feet or even more. Some manufacturers may use pounds to describe the amount of food you can fit inside the dehydrator, for instance, four pounds of food or fruits.
Power: The power of your food dehydrator determines how fast and how powerful it is. A good middle ground for a house food dehydrator is 600 watts; however, some people like to have extremely powerful ones. A 400 watts dehydrator would do the job, but it could take longer to do it.
Material: It is important to learn the material your food dehydrator is constructed from. Most customers don’t like plastic exterior, as they can taste and smell the burning plastic in their food. A good alternative to this is BPA-Free plastic. A better construction to your food dehydrator is stainless steel, and even though it’s heavier, it makes it more pleasant to look at, while providing solid constructions to the dehydrator.
Airflow: Food dehydrators offer either horizontal airflow or vertical airflow. The horizontal airflow allows the air to come off the side of the units, which reduces the mixture of flavors if you are drying different types of food. The vertical airflow is located on the bottom, which is preferred if you are drying one specific type of food.
Temperature Range: The temperature range is the freedom of controlling the temperature of your dehydrator. If you follow certain recipes to dry your food, you will need to adjust your thermostat to the specific temperature in your recipe.
Keep these terms in mind when comparing prices and features to find the Best Food Dehydrator!