These are the top five best Graphic Design Laptops on the market, chosen from Hundreds of models.
- 15.6 in Full HD IPS LED touchscreen (1920 x 1080), 10-finger multi-touch support
- Processor Intel Core i5-5200U 2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.70 GHz - Windows 8.1, 64-bit
- 12GB DDR3L 1600 MHz - 1TB 5400 RPM HDD
- Intel HD Graphics 5500 with shared graphics memory - Waves MaxxAudio Pro audio
- 2 USB 3.0 • 1 USB 2.0 • HDMI • Headphone output/Microphone input combo • LAN (10/100)
This is a terrific starting machine for any enterprising graphic designer. The internal components are powerful enough to run any current design program without any issues, and the extended support options will ensure you don’t have to worry about debilitating errors or malfunctions.
This is a great starter for anyone who is looking to pursue a design degree or simply enable their designing hobby. If you invest in this PC, plan on spending numerous hours honing your design skills.
- This Certified Refurbished product has been tested and certified to work and look like new, with minimal to no signs of wear, by a specialized third-party seller approved by Amazon. The product is backed by a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic brown or white box. Accessories may be generic and not directly from the manufacturer.
- 2.9 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7 processor
- 8 GB DDR3 RAM; 750 GB Hard Drive
- 13.3 inch LED-backlit display, 1280-by-800 resolution
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
Another Macbook, but don’t be fooled: this has features that differentiate it from other models on this list. The solid, tightly packed design ensures resistance from outside forces, and the computing components can keep up with the creative applications needed for success.
Consider this machine if you need a strong, portable laptop for design or professional purposes. It’s small enough to carry around, but it’s going to be capable enough to handle all of your work – it’s also strong enough to withstand a ton of wear and tear.
This is a device that many would hesitate to call a laptop, but it definitely fits the bill. The addition of an intuitive hybrid design means you can get up close and personal with the touch features when illustrating or painting digitally, and the laptop structure offers functionality with professional apps like Office.
Students, apprentices or masters can all benefit from this powerful device. People have been seen running around with this device, which is a testament to its size – it’s the lightest option on the market.
#2 – Hp Star Wars
- 6th Gen Intel Core i5 6200U (Skylake) Processor (3MB Cache, up to 2.8 GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 940M (2GB GDDR5 Dedicated Video Memory), Intel HD Graphics 5208GB DDR3 1600MHz SDRAM, 1TB SATA Hard Drive, 2 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0, SuperMulti DVD burner15.6 inch IPS anti glare WLED Backlit Touch Display (1920 x 1080), HDMI, HD Webcam, 802.11 AC Gigabit WiFi, 1G Ethernet (RJ 45), Bluetooth 4.0, Multiformat SD card reader, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Full size island style red backlit keyboard, Bang and Olufsen with dual speakers, 4 cell lithium ion 41WHr Battery
With a design that comes from a galaxy far, far away, this is a perfect pick for the Star Wars geek with an eye for design. Enjoy the touch screen, backlit keyboard, high-quality audio and ample storage space.
Upgrades to this top rated design laptop are relatively simple, and there are plenty of warranty options available, so rest assured that this machine will be able to keep up with your needs, even if you become embroiled in an intergalactic trade dispute. This machine is still great for those who haven’t seen the Star Wars movies, so don’t be scared away by this stellar product!
This isn’t going to be an unexpected pick for most, as there are numerous benefits to using a Macbook. Every aspect of this device, from the internal components to the user interface, have been designed for creative use, be it design, editing, or illustration.
With a terrific extended warranty and solid hardware, this machine will be functional and valuable for quite a while if you treat it right. This is the best overall laptop for graphic design, and you’re going to be one of many with this if you’re going to a design school or even just a coffee shop – there’s a reason it’s so popular!
Graphic Design Laptops Buyer’s Guide
There’s a lot of technical terms being thrown around in these reviews, so it may benefit you to brush up on some of the features to look for when purchasing the laptop for your needs. Here’s a quick breakdown of some terms you’ll often see and how they relate to your design experience.
Dedicated/Integrated Graphics: With most laptops and some cheaper desktops, a separate graphics card isn’t present in the construction. Instead, a portion of the CPU’s computing power is used to render any 3d graphics or effects. This functions fine for many features, but having a dedicated GPU results in lower temperatures and faster response times.
Operating System: Commonly shortened as OS, this is the base system that allows you to run specific programs. Popular operating systems like Windows and OS X allow for certain web browsing, word processing and creative programs. Make sure whatever programs you need to run are compatible with the OS of the device you are interested in!
Memory/Ram: Short for Random Access Memory, RAM is a core component of any computer. It allows programs to run fast, being able to remember and access info far quicker than the hard drive or SSD. The more memory your system has, the more programs it can run at the same time.
Noise Cancellation: This technology cancels out background noise. This process is known to make your conversations clearer by reducing ambient noise..
Keep these terms in mind when comparing prices and features to find the Best Graphic Design Laptop!