These are the top five best Home Generators on the market, chosen from Hundreds of models.
- RV Ready - Equipped with a standard 30A RV outlet, enough power to start and run a 15,000 BTU RV air conditioner
- 4000 starting watts, 3500 running watts with up to 12 hours run time on a full tank of gas
- Powered by a reliable 196cc Champion engine with Cold Start, optimized to start easily in cold weather
- Outlets - 120V 30A locking, 120V 30A RV, 120V 20A household outlets all secured by Volt Guard, protects your appliances from power surges
- Champion Support - 3 year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support
The Champion Power Equipment 46596 home generator is one of the best on the market, as it gives you the power you need when an outage occurs. With its lightweight design, its cold start capability, and 12 hours of power on a tank of gas, you can sleep tight thanks to this security blanket.
While this model may be a bit noisy compared to other products, this unit has plenty of power to make this slight inconvenience worthwhile. With a two-year warranty and the ability to start in even the coldest weather, the Champion Power Equipment 46596 is going to be one durable home generator for you and your family.
#4 – Generac 5943
- Generac's OHV engine with splash lubrication provides a long engine life
- Electric start with battery and plug-in battery charger jack
- Low-oil level shutdown automatically safeguards engine from damage, and an hour meter to track maintenance intervals
- Large-capacity steel fuel tank with incorporated fuel gauge provides durability and extended run times
- Hardened steel-tube cradle for added durability and strength
The Generac 5943 is an extremely portable generator. This unit is lightweight and powerful. The 420cc engine runs smoothly for up to 14 hours of uninterrupted power. The easy start feature means you can get power the second you need it. The large 8 gallon gas tank gives this product a distinct advantage over its competitors.
This generator utilizes advanced safety features. This includes an oil level auto shut off feature. You will never have to worry about burning your motor out due to lack of oil. This is a great generator for use at your home. You will be happy with the durability and high quality parts Generac has infused into this product. This is one of the best home generators for the money.
- Manages Power to All of Your Appliances - Managed Whole House Power system offers permanent protection from power outages
- Quick Response - Automatically powers your home in seconds after sensing a power outage; turns on or off automatically as needed
- Transfer Switch Included - Flexible weather-resistant transfer switch gives you the whole "plug & play" package to get started immediately
- Briggs & Stratton has provided reliable engine power for over 100 years - Trust the power experts at Briggs & Stratton for complete peace of mind
- Three Year Limited Parts & Labor Warranty - we stand behind our warranty and make it easy for our customers
You can rest assured thanks to Briggs & Stratton’s auto-on feature. The 40445 can sense any disruption in your home’s power supply. If a disturbance is present this generator will automatically initiate. This means you can always count on having power to what matters most. You can connect this generator directly to a propane tank for extended use.
You will always have enough power to run your appliances, thanks to the 8000w of power this generator produces. You can count on this unit because of the ultra-high grade parts used in its construction. Briggs & Stratton is recognized for its exceptional quality and you will be more than satisfied with this generators performance. This is an excellent option for someone who wants the best standby generator for the money.
#2 – Powermate Pm0601258
- 3000 Running watts/3750 surge watts
- Powermate 212cc engine
- 4-Gallon gas tank that runs up to 11-hour at 50% load
- Control panel has 2-120v 5-20r duplex outlet, 1 120/240v l14-30r outlets and 1-12v battery charging outlet and hour meter
- Low oil shutdown protects engine with automatic shut-off when oil is low
The Powermate PM0601258 is an excellently designed generator. This product uses high grade materials to ensure unmatched quality. The manufacturer has included a 3 year limited warranty. Also, there are hundreds of local service centers nationwide. If you have a problem with your generator you can bring it to a local service station.
You can always have enough power for your home thanks to the 12500w this generator can produce. The powerful 22 hp Subaru v-twin engine is the secret to this impressive generator’s high performance. This product uses high grade materials to ensure unmatched quality. This is an excellent choice for someone who wants the power of a professional generator. You will be able to count on this product when you need it most.
- 20,000-watt air-cooled generator automatically starts up when the power goes out
- Includes 200 Amp whole-house, service entrance rated, load shedding, automatic transfer switch
- Fast response--power to your home in 10 seconds; premium power quality; quiet operation
- 100% corrosion-proof enclosure offers protection from even the harshest seaside conditions
- Measures 48 by 26.2 by 29 inches; 5-year/2000-hour limited warranty Battery type needed - Group 51
This a professional grade home generator that can keep your home fully energized for days. You will have more than enough power for your family, thanks to the 20,000w of power this unit generates. A 5 year warranty keeps your investment safe and in working order. This is a top of the line, state of the art power solution. This unit built to the highest standards and its instant on feature adds unmatched convenience to this product.
If your home experiences a loss of power, this generator will sense the loss and automatically begin providing your home with power. This means you may not even notice the outage. The Kohler 20RESAL-200SELS is the best overall home generator because of its high quality and extreme durability. This product is a great choice for someone who is very serious about preventing any loss of power to their residence.
Home Generators Buyer’s Guide
There’s a lot of technical terms being thrown around in these reviews, so it may benefit you to brush up on some of the features to look for when purchasing the best home generator for your needs. Here’s a quick breakdown of some terms you’ll often see and how they relate to your home generator experience.
Running Wattage: This is a measure of the wattage your generator can produce for extended periods of time.
Generator Type: There are several types of generators: home standby generators provide standby power for your home, portable ones are great for on-the-road usage, and inverter generators are perfect for small jobs like powering phones or fans in remote areas.
Alternative Fuel Capacity: This simply means the amount of power that can be derived from other fuel sources – this would be denoted in gallons of gasoline or propane.
Keep these terms in mind when comparing prices and features to find the Best Home Generator!