These are the top five best Home Gyms on the market, chosen from Hundreds of models.
#5 – Bodycraft Galena Pro
- Compact home gym offers chest press, dual-function pecdeck, leg extension, leg curl, lat pull and more.
- Low pulley station is easy to access and provides plenty of room for exercises such as leg kicks and more.
- Weight Stack Shrouds and Leg Press sold separately.
- Maximum comfort provides up to 300 pounds of resistance, foot plate adjusts to fit any size user.
The Bodycraft Galena Pro is ideal if you are looking for a compact home gym that offers you the flexibility of fitting it into small spaces in your home. Due to its semi-circle shape, it has been built with corner storage in mind. This model’s double work station gives you the chance to flow seamlessly and efficiently between upper and lower body exercises. With features such as a Chest Press, Dual-Function Pec Dec, Leg Extension, Leg Curl, Lat Pull, Low Pulley Station and Abdominal Crunch, every major muscle group can be strengthened in one workout.
This home gym packs a powerful punch with the ability to lift 200 pounds and the upgradeable option to increase it to 300 pounds. This model will keep you lifting as much as you can handle. The Bodycraft Galena Pro is a well made and diversified piece of gym equipment with a very smooth cable and weight operation. This is the best home gym for users looking for a machine with a small footprint, easy transition between exercises and impressive weight capabilities.
#4 – Bodycraft Xpress Pro
- Bench Press Station with adjustable starting point
- Cable Station with adjustable arms
- Seat and seat back are adjustable
- The bodycraft xpress cable arms utilize pulleys and cables for unrestricted, completely natural, and biomechanically correct movements
- Lifetime warranty
If you’re searching for a home gym which is heavy-duty, durable and extremely versatile, than the Bodycraft Xpress Pro is the model for you. This home gym has more than 40 individual exercises for the arms, back, chest and legs. In addition, you can do numerous variations on many of the individual exercises. This machine also includes a 200 pound weight stack that can be doubled to 400 pounds when combined with the leg press.
There’s a lot of products out there that promise a lifetime guarantee; however, once you see the quality of the materials used in this unit and the way they have been engineered, you’ll understand how Bodycraft could offer such a comprehensive product warranty. This is one of best home gym equipment sets available to consumers.If you don’t want to spend good money on a gym membership, the Bodycraft Xpress Pro really does deliver the full weightlifting experience, a sound investment for users of all ages.
#3 – Bowflex Xtreme 2Se
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Offers over 70 exercises for a total body workout
- 210-pounds of power rod resistance is upgradeable to 310-pounds or 410-pounds
- Compact size fits nearly any home gym leaving room for additional exercise equipment
- Build back and shoulder muscles quickly with the integrated lat tower and angled lat bar
- Move quickly from exercise to exercise without having to change to cable set up
With a modest footprint and compact design that offers a maximum lifting capacity of 410 pounds, the Bowflex Xtreme 2SE packs a large punch in a small package. This is considered one of the best home exercise equipment machines the industry has to offer. Its sleek frame means it will fit back into the corner of most rooms in your home and its heavy-duty weightlifting capacity is perfect for those who are interested in building strength. With this machine you have the chance to upgrade to 310 pounds, or even 410 pounds, with its extension rods.
The uniquely designed power rods have a different feel to free weights with an initial resistance of approx 2/3 of the marked weight on the rod, it steadily increases to 100 percent at full flex. This allows for slow weightlifting improvement and flexibility to put as much effort in as you want.The Bowflex Xtreme 2SE is a multi-use home gym offering exceptional quality and weightlifting capabilities. This machine is ideal for those wanting to start their workout regime or for heavy-duty weightlifters who want a challenging and fluid gym.
#2 – Total Gym Xls Plus
- Total Gym XLS is Total Gym's top-of-the-line home fitness system and is great for ages 8 to 80 - the entire family can get a full body workout on 1 machine. Works with all fitness levels from beginner to advanced.
- Includes Ab Crunch Bench Attachment, Leg Pull Accessory, Ribbed Squat Stand, Wing Attachment, 5 Workout DVDs, Exercise Chart, Training Deck, and Nutritional/Meal Planning Guide.
- A 400 lb. weight capacity and over 80 exercises to work all of your major muscle groups - cardio, strength training, circuit training and stretching, all on one machine.
- No assembly required, universal home gym folds for easy storage.
- Protected by a 6-month warranty on all parts plus a Lifetime Warranty on the frame.
The Total Gym XLS is a multi-use home gym, and with the capacity to lift 400 pounds you will not feel short changed by using a machine that looks smaller than some of its competitors. This is one of the best home gyms available to consumers. Due to its clever design and layout, this model is extremely easy to use. Teenagers to seniors will find the Total gym XLS flexible and simple, which is why this model can be found in many home gym reviews. Its capacity to be interchanged from lightweight to heavyweight will appeal to users looking to keep trim and wanting a bulk up.
Storage is fluid, so even if you have a small living space you’ll be able to find room for this machine. When it’s fully set up it’s still compact and has a small footprint: this gym will not dominate your home living area. No matter your experience level, the Total gym XLS is the perfect option for the entire family and people of all weightlifting abilities and goals. Overall this top rated home gym is affordable, easy to use and offers the full body workout that many people desire.
#1 – Bowflex Revolution
The Bowflex Revolution offers a multi-use, heavy-duty weightlifting experience – this is the best home gym on the market. The unique, adjustable independant pulleys give users a “real life” gym experience. Fluid movement between weights and cardio workouts will leave you feeling pumped.
With the ability to support more than 100 exercises, including comprehensive core and ab workouts, there’s no need to invest in separate pieces of equipment. This model gives users the choice of over 40 exercises for arms and shoulders alone.
The Bowflex Revolution provides a real gym experience and is widely regarded as one of the best home workout equipment machines you can buy, ideal for those who want to feel worked, stretched and toned within the comfort of their own home.
Home Gyms Buyer’s Guide
There’s a lot of technical terms being thrown around in these reviews, so it may benefit you to brush up on some of the features to look for when purchasing the best home gym for your needs. Here’s a quick breakdown of some terms you’ll often see and how they relate to your home workout experience.
Number Of Exercises: If you are looking for the real gym experience in the comfort of your own home, choosing a gym with multi-use ability for your primary and secondary muscles should be high on your list. A gym offering 80 + exercises that are interchangeable from legs, arms, shoulders to abs will ensure you get the full body workout similar to what you would experience from the gym.
Weight Capacity: For those who want to seriously heavy lift, the weight capacity of the home gym should offer you the option to upgrade. The majority of home gyms will offer 200 pounds standard, but finding a gym that offer upgradeable options of up to 400 pounds or more will mean you can heavy lift. Upgradeable weights give you the chance to start your workout light, moving onto a heavier weightlifting workout as your progress. A gym that grows with your strength will mean you are continuously challenged to stay pumped.
Storage: Not everyone has the allocated room for their home gym. Choosing a gym that is not only easy to fold away, but can then be moved easily into a corner of your room will mean you can still workout in the smallest of spaces. Finding a gym that is slimline will also give you maximum space to carry out your workout, the workout space needed around the gym should always be taken into consideration.
Keep these terms in mind when comparing prices and features to find the Best Home Gym!