These are the top five best Hybrid Bicycles on the market, chosen from Hundreds of models.
The Giordano RS700 Hybrid Bike is a sporty little number great for taller riders on the lookout for a stripped-down riding experience. The bike’s clean lines, eye-catching paint job, and streamlined design makes this bike as fun to look at as it is to ride. While the no-frills design and lack of extras might be off-putting to those seeking more bells and whistles, the simplicity and lower weight make up the difference. The aluminum frame and steel fork are sturdy and supportive and the 21 Speed Shimano Shifting system allows for peace of mind wherever the road takes you, even if it’s not paved.
Giordano believes in fusing technology and tradition, using new advancements in technology and design to bring consumers the best possible bike at affordable prices for every enthusiast. Giordano also stands behind the design of their bike with a 12 month limited warranty.
- Affordable, reliable city bike with classic French mixte bike design; ideal for both everyday commuting and casual riding
- Easy-shifting Shimano seven-speed internal gear system handles all types of terrain; 35mm cream tires can handle curbs and potholes
- Stylish, functional step-over mixte frame design enables easy entry and exit in everyday clothing
- Durable, lightweight hi-tensile steel frame; modern dual pivot alloy brakes; upright handlebars; color-matching fenders and chainguard
- Frame sizes -- Small/Medium (18.5-inch) fits riders 5' 0" to 5' 6"; Medium/Large (20.5-inch) fits riders 5' 7" to 6' 0"
The PUBLIC Bikes M7i Mixte Style Step-Over City Bike is the perfect aesthetically-minded bike for the city enthusiast that likes the option of getting away once and awhile. The relatively lightweight frame and braking system make cycling around the city a delight, and the 7 speed gears handle rolling hills and street pavement with aplomb.
Taller riders may want a larger bike and people who do more mountain riding may find the gear selection limited, but this is a great choice for the everyday enthusiast. Give this option a try and you won’t be disappointed!
- Flat bar bike built with super strong hi-tensile steel frame, fork and Cromoly down tube; enjoy cruising in style around the city or countryside
- Choose between gears: 3-speed Shimano Nexus Twist Shifter or, 8-speed Shimano Twist Shifter
- Front and rear alloy caliper brakes and 3-piece crank set, and chain guard protector to keep oil from ruining your clothes
- 30mm deep dish double-walled alloy rims with stainless steel spokes
- Stylish yet practical features include: matching fenders, silver bell, kickstand, reflectors, rear rack, leather grips and leather saddle with springs
The Pure City Classic Diamond Frame Bicycle is a great American-made choice for fans of classic design and comfort. Pure Cycles is devoted to making comfortable rides at every price point and the Pure City Classic Diamond Frame Bicycle is equal parts solid construction and subtle, user-friendly details.
The great customer service and eye for quality overcome the limitations of the lower gear offerings, making this a great bet for a rider looking for low-maintenance reliability. The high quality materials also bolster the value of this unique bike.
- Recreational/commuter bike with a comfortable, upright riding position
- 700c wheels and a lightweight aluminum frame
- 21 speeds with a Shimano Tourney rear derailleur
- Alloy rims; alloy quick release seat clamp; linear pull brakes
- Rear rack and fenders
The Northwoods Springdale Women’s 21-Speed Hybrid Bicycle is the best-selling women’s hybrid bike on Amazon for good reason. This model has a solidly built frame, 21 speeds, a quick adjust saddle, and a lifetime warranty, making it a smart choice for riders looking for comfort, reliability, and adventure.
While the heavier weight and limited sizing options may dissuade shorter riders, the overall offerings make it a wonderful choice for women looking for a great hybrid bike. If you’re looking to get around a city or large town in style, this is your choice.
The Diamondback Bicycles 2016 Insight 1 Complete Performance Hybrid Bike is the best of the best, with good reason. The bike is both lightweight and sturdy, making it a pleasure to maneuver and easy to handle. The alloy linear pull brakes are responsive without adding bulk to the bike. The four available size offerings -16 in (s) 18 (m) 20 (l) 22 (xl), are the most on this list, offering riders of every size a great hybrid bikes.
While the Diamondback is the best all around hybrid bike, it’s one flaw is the rather limited warranty, which only covers manufacturing defects. That being said, the lightweight angular frame, the quality materials, and great customer reviews make this the surest choice for the enthusiast looking for a fun ride on a great bike.
Hybrid Bicycles Buyer’s Guide
There’s a lot of technical terms being thrown around in these reviews, so it may benefit you to brush up on some of the features to look for when purchasing the Hybrid Bicycle for your needs. Here’s a quick breakdown of some terms you’ll often see and how they relate to your Hybrid Bicycle experience.
Chainguard: A guard, usually made of metal or plastic, designed to cover the bicycle chain and protect the clothes of the rider.
Caliper Brake: A cable-actuated brake where the break is attached above the wheel. When used, the brakes press against the rim of the wheel, slowing it down.
Disk Brake: a metal disc that rotates with the wheel, attached to the hub. When the brakes are activated, the pads drag across the wheel. Disc brakes are considered superior because they are more protected from the elements, thus more effective in them.
Fenders: Mud guards. Protects the rider from mud splashes from the tires.
Gears: A set of toothed wheels that work together to change the relationship between the speed of a bicycle crank and the speed of the wheels.
Mounts: Metal attachments used to connect accessories to the bicycle.
Keep these terms in mind when comparing prices and features to find the Best Hybrid Bicycle!