These are the top five best Ip Camera on the market, chosen from Hundreds of models.
#5 – Nest Cam
- 24/7 live video: 130° wide-angle view and all-glass lens let you look after home in 1080p HD, day and night.
- Alerts and snapshots: When Nest Cam detects activity, it can send a phone alert or email with a photo of the event.
- Quick, easy setup: Plug in Nest Cam and download the Nest app to get started. No hub needed.
- Talk & Listen: Nest Cam has a built-in speaker and microphone, and lets you talk and listen through the app. Speak up to get someone's attention, or tell the dog to get off the couch.
- Night vision done right: See the whole room at night - not just a limited spotlight view.
- Comes with a free Nest Aware trial: Get intelligent alerts and continuous cloud recording. Create Activity Zones for more precise alerts. Make and share custom clips or timelapses. And more.
The Nest Cam is very easy to setup and install. The video quality is top notch, featuring 1080p resolution from a three megapixel sensor and 130 degree Field of View with 8X zoom. Feature-wise, this model has plenty of connectivity with other devices – especially if you’re already invested in other Nest products – through its IFTTT (If This Then That) channel and Works with Nest communication technology established for manufacturers of other devices. This is one of the best IP cameras available to consumers for a reason.
Lacking a free storage option, it’s low introductory price is somewhat offset by a monthly subscription plan, but adding additional cameras won’t cost you an arm and a leg. It also comes with a lengthy two-year warranty that many other high-end cameras don’t offer. This low-cost expansion, initial affordable price and the ability to easily upgrade the system make the Nest Cam the best IP camera for the money available to consumers.
#4 – Samsung Smart Cam
- Multi-Streaming Up to 10 Cameras, 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- 128 degree ultra-wide angle coverage, true day and night Wide dynamic range
- Micro SDXC memory card slot for local storage, email and mobile notification (Max 64GB)
- Built-in two-way talk, advanced motion and audio detection
The Samsung Smart Cam IP camera is a very inexpensive option with excellent video quality and decent connectivity. This value-packed system is one of the best IP camera systems on the market and offers some standout features, such as the ease of setting up motion zones and the ability to share snapshots privately to personal Google+ pages. The system has the option to upgrade with outdoor cameras, but unfortunately, availability issues are limited to refurbished offerings.
If you’re heavily invested in Samsung technology, the Samsung Smart Cam is a great addition, offering seamless integration to SmartThings with a quality IP camera system that won’t break the bank.
- See and Hear: Stream real-time video of your home with Canary's 1080p HD camera, 147 degree wide-angle lens, automatic night vision, and high-quality audio
- More Than a Camera: Protect your home with Canary's 90+ dB siren, motion-activated recording, auto-arm/disarm, and instant access to local authorities
- HomeHealth Technology: Monitor air quality, temperature, and humidity to help understand how your home might affect your health
- Intelligent Notifications: Receive instant video alerts on your iOS or Android device
- No Installation/Contracts/Monthly Fees Required: Plug in Canary, connect to the Internet and you're ready to go. Free secure cloud storage included,or get even more with optional monthly plans
The Canary All-in-One Home Security Device utilizes an amazing all-in-one design that monitors air quality, humidity and temperature, offering useful data for those without smart thermostats and carbon monoxide monitors. This ability makes it a very compelling IP camera system for baby or pet monitoring, as well as home security, and compliments the excellent 1080p HD video quality.
The ability to tilt the camera remotely gives this model a competitive edge over fixed area cameras. And while the lack of an outdoor option makes this more of a niche IP camera system suited for those with children and pets, the free storage availability and excellent geofencing makes this one of the best IP cameras you can buy.
#2 – Flir Fx Fxv101
- Outdoor Housing
- Screws and Anchors Kit
- Mounting Stencil
- 13 ft. Power Adapter Cable
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
The FLIR FX FXV101 camera is a robust device loaded with unique features and sensors, making it our top pick for the best outdoor IP camera available to consumers. The option to store footage either locally on an SD card or two days of footage for free online is class leading and huge selling point for the FLIR.
Video quality is great with this model, providing an amazing amount of detail due to its four megapixel sensor. The Rapid Replay features makes the footage captured from this best outdoor wireless IP camera one of the easiest to sort and sift through. This camera shows up time and time again in outdoor IP camera reviews and should be considered as your long-term home security camera option because of its ability to easily and cheaply upgrade to an outdoor device or even a dash cam – its versatility is unmatched.
#1 – Piper Nv
- Smart home security system with no contracts or monthly fees required
- High resolution 180-degree immersive view camera with night vision, for live and recorded video
- Motion/sound detection, temperature/light/humidity sensors, 2-way audio and 105 dB siren
- Simple setup and easy to use, get text/email alerts and check in from your smartphone or tablet (iOS and Android)
- Connects via Wi-Fi, battery backup, high grade SSL video encryption, compatible with Z-Wave wireless accessories; auto-rearms to capture multiple events and pet adjustable motion detection
The Piper nv is often the number one model in IP camera reviews for plenty of reasons. The ability to control the camera with pan, tilt and zoom make fixed camera views seem grossly inadequate. This unit’s full set of sensors allow for monitoring more than just video or sound, they make this model an environment surveillance device that will suit a wide variety of needs, including air quality, temperature and humidity.
This model integrates with Z-wave security systems making it able to be part of a much more sophisticated home security system, making the Piper nv the best IP camera on the market…by far.
IP Camera Buyer’s Guide
There’s a lot of technical terms being thrown around in these reviews, so it may benefit you to brush up on some of the features to look for when purchasing the best IP camera for your needs. Here’s a quick breakdown of some terms you’ll often see and how they relate to your home security.
Geofencing : Geofencing is a feature that utilizes your smartphone’s GPS location functionality to arm or disarm your IP camera system based on your proximity to it.
Megapixels : A camera with a higher number of megapixels offer superior imaging quality, especially in terms of small details. This should be a main point of emphasis when searching for the best IP security camera for your home.
Fov : Field of View, representing the angle of view in degrees that determine how much of an area the camera will capture.
Video Resolution : Video resolution refers to the quality of the video and how clear the footage will be with High Definition ranging from highest to lowest with 1080p, 720p, 480p, 360p.
App : The mobile or web application used to view the footage. The two types represented by this article and its featured products are mobile, i.e. iOS or Android and Web, which utilizes a web browser on a pc or mac.
Cloud Storage: This is storage that is not accessible locally or without an internet connection as it lives on a remote server.
Keep these terms in mind when comparing prices and features to find the Best Ip Camera!