These are the top five best Jogging Strollers on the market, chosen from Hundreds of models.
- Accepts all Chicco KeyFit and KeyFit 30 infant car seats with an integrated removable arm bar
- The child seat removes easily to create a frame carrier for the KeyFit during the first 6 months
- Pneumatic tires, 12" front and 16" rear spoked wheels
- Hand-activated parking brake and deceleration brake, allow for better speed control and prevents unintended interference with foot brake while running
- Push handle with four height positions for a customized fit
- Fully assembled weight: 28.5 lbs
The Chicco TRE Performance Jogging Stroller has one of the coolest hand-activated swivel/locking front wheel mechanisms on the market. Combined with the traditional 16’ rear wheels, this is one of the best running strollers available.
If you’re looking for a great jogging stroller to take on walks with tons of extra features, this model is a perfect option. A large canopy ensures your child enjoys a comfortable ride out of the sun’s harmful UV rays while tons of extra bells and whistles provide everything you could need. From a removable parent tray with cup holders to arm bars, the Chicco TRE Performance Jogging Stroller is even compatible with Chicco Key Fit infant seats for mothers who want to run within the first 6 months or dads who just want to keep up. With so many additional options at a decent price, you can easily customize your Chicco TRE Performance Jogging Stroller to seamlessly fit all your needs.
- Swivel front wheel with tracking adjustment, rear suspension, parking brake
- Ergonomic, adjustable, extended handlebar, One Hand Fold
- 5-point child safety harness, multi-position canopy, reclining seat
- 75 lbs. weight capacity, weighs 23 lbs.
- Comes with Thule's Bring It limited lifetime warranty
Weighing only 23 lbs, the Thule Urban Glide Sport Stroller is the lightest jogging stroller on the market, and the best jogging stroller for the money. The lightweight design makes transporting and storing your stroller a breeze while you’re on the go, perfect for moms looking for a smaller jogging stroller for light jogs or walks around the park. With all the storage space you could need to keep your child comfortable and happy, the Thule has added mesh pockets to take along a snack or a favorite toy and a large under-cargo basket with a zipper to ensure your belongings stay put. The seat also has the ability to recline to a near-flat position so the little ones can nap, sit up to play, or take in the view – all behind a large canopy to block the sun from each angle.
Enjoy a safe ride with the Thule Urban Glide Sport Stroller. A safety tether is included with this model that allows parents to run without worrying about falling or speeds becoming out of control as you reduce downhill, and the 12.5” front wheel adds a little extra maneuverability to ensure your baby’s ride is smoother. Achieve a safe a secure stroll in the city or park with the Thule Urban Glide.
- Hand-activated, rear drum brakes for the best downhill control.
- Swiveling-locking front wheel swivels to maneuver tight turns with ease or locks forward for increased stability when jogging or on rough terrain.
- Adjustable padded handlebar offers 9 positions to create the perfect fit for parents of all heights.
- State-of-the-art adjustable suspension system offers 3 inches of travel and 2 stages of weight support for an ultra-smooth ride.
- Easy, two-step fold for convenient transportation and storage.
Running over rocky terrain, sand, or trails safely is easy with the BOB 2016 Revolution Pro Stroller. Thanks to its traditional 12” swivel/locking front wheel and 16” rear wheels along with an adjustable state-of-the-art suspension system designed to allow 3” of travel and two stages of weight support, you can take on bumpier terrain with ease while maintaining your child’s safety.
In addition, the hand-activated rear drum brakes allow you to remain in complete control while you run. Easily reduce downhill speeds with one touch and never worry about accidentally hitting the foot brake again.
Both the large under-carriage storage basket and “follow the sun” canopy with ensure your child stays out of the sun, happy, and healthy while the one-hand recline adjustment allows you to easily modify the seat so your little one can lay back to catch some zzz’s. With so many easy one-hand options, this is by far one of the best jogging strollers for parents with their hands full.
- Extra wide seat sits high to give child great visibility, multi-position seat recline
- Includes parent organizer, running leash, and tire pump
- Quick release 16" rear wheels and 12.5" swivel front wheel that locks straight
- Aluminum frame with shock absorbing suspension
- Easy compact fold
Made with 6061 aircraft aluminum, the JOOVY Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller is 10% lighter than most baby joggers on the market. It may only weigh 25.7 lbs, but a large storage compartment keeps the stroller balanced perfectly while a safety tether allows for added control, meaning the JOOVY won’t easily tip over or get swept away by a nice burst of wind. Lightweight and easy to fold, the JOOVY’s small dimensions make it compact and easy to transport. Plus, quick release wheels can be removed if you need a little more trunk room or to easily clean any dirt or mud from the tires.
Really, the JOOVY doesn’t leave much to be missed. It has wide seats that allow excellent visibility with mesh siding to allow kids to stay cool and comfortable, an oversized canopy with a covered peek-a-boo-window, and a safety tether for added security. With a tire pump included to help you maintain your tire pressure, click-in functionality for car seats, an attachable parent organizer with two cup holders, what more could you need?
- THREE POSITION SWIVEL LOCK FRONT WHEEL - Provides maximum control and maximum performance on any terrain while walking or jogging. Swivel, lock forwards, lock backwards or adjust the "play" to personalize your push
- ONE-HAND CONTROL SQUEEZE BRAKE - for hilly adventures and rough terrain;SHOCK ABSORBING SUSPENSION - a smooth push for mom and dad and a smooth ride for your baby
- NEWBORN READY IN THREE MODES - Newborn perfect reclinable seat, compatible with the Mountain Buggy Carry Cot+ in matching fabric (sold separately) and infant car seats from most major brands (sold separately) allow you to use the Terrain from birth until your ready to run
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED - Reversible liner, two bottle holders, bumper bar and additional 12" rear wheel set to make your Terrain perfect for city strolls; COMPACT AND SIMPLE ONE HAND STANDING FOLD - for easy storage at home or in the car
- WATER-RESISTANT FABRIC - makes care and cleaning a breeze; SO MUCH STORAGE;Sunhood pocket with headphone port, mesh pockets in the seat, and zip-top gear basket
- REVERSIBLE LINER - seat liner is reversible
The Mountain Buggy Terrain Premium Jogging Stroller is a value-packed model and our choice for the best overall jogging stroller on the market. Safe and secure, the best jogging strollers have adjustable swivel/locking front wheels, but this models takes it to the next level by allowing three positions for you to easily lock forward or backward, unlock, and adjust the wheel for different speeds or terrain. Along with a one-hand control squeeze brake and state-of-the-art suspension system, bumps won’t stand in your way.
A one-hand standing fold mechanism makes it easy to fold and store the 28-pound jogging stroller, even with a toddler in your arm. Although the water-resistant and reversible fabric is easy to clean, as it folds, the fabric never touches the ground, ensuring your running stroller stays dirt free. Customizeable with great extras like an adjustable baby tray, reversible liner, two cup holders, and an extra set of 12” wheels are perfect for converting your baby jogger for sidewalk use, parents can have it all with the best running stroller. Even better, the newborn lie-flat main seat allows you to run from day one and never miss a beat.
Jogging Strollers Buyer’s Guide
There’s a lot of technical terms being thrown around in these reviews, so it may benefit you to brush up on some of the features to look for when purchasing the best running stroller for your needs. Here’s a quick breakdown of some terms you’ll often see and how they relate to your jogging stroller reviews experience.
Swivel / Lock Front Wheel: When walking a swivel front wheel will help you easily take on bumps, but as speeds increase the wheels will begin to dangerously wobble and could result in sharp unwanted turns. Baby joggers contain a locking front wheel to prevent this, and some of the best jogging strollers have options allowing you to switch between these options.
Rear Wheel Width: Because the best running strollers have bike-like larger wheels, they also have a smoother ride. Regardless, size matters. A simple walk on urban city streets really only requires a stroller with 12” rear wheels, but if you plan on taking your baby on trails, 16” rear wheels or larger are ideal to put less stress on your baby while you run.
Shock Absorbent Suspension: For a smoother and safer ride for your little one, shocks are placed on each wheel to help easily glide over bumps. The best jogging strollers also have swing-style seats that help keep your baby from bumping up and down too much.
Five Point Safety Harness: The same harness required by car seats, a five point harness tucks your child safety into the seat in case a crash occurs, with straps over shoulders, hips, and connecting in between the legs.
Recline: While all the best jogging strollers recline more than traditional strollers, some have options to adjust the angle. This makes it easy to modify the seat, allowing your child to sit more upright and look around or lay down flat to take a nap. Flat reclines are also recommended for newborns or smaller babies to keep them safe from any added gostling they may experience.
Safety Tether / Leash: A safety strap where one end attaches to the stroller and the other end has a loop to wear around your wrist while using your running stroller. This tether or leash prevents the stroller from rolling away from you as you run, which could save your baby’s life if you tripped or the unexpected took place.
Cup Holders: While it’s extremely tempting to take a bottle of water with you on your run or a nice hot cup of tea or coffee along for a morning walk, many cup holders are shallow for adult cups and often result in spills over your baby’s head as you move over bumps. Although, they’re perfect for smaller bottles or sippy cups.
Adjustable Handle Bar: Some models come with adjustable handle bars that allow you to customize the height or position of the handle bars to find the perfect fit for moms and dads of varying heights.
Canopy: This feature helps protect your baby from the sun or wind, so many come with multiple position options to keep kids comfortable. Many are made from weather-resistant fabrics for easy cleaning and nearly all have peek-a-boo windows so you can keep an eye on your child.
Keep these terms in mind when comparing prices and features to find the Best Jogging Stroller!