These are the top five best Kitchen Knives on the market, chosen from dozens of models.
- Classic handle with patent pending redesigned bolster
- Cutting edge designed solid Acacia wood block works with the knives tastefully
- Knives made of X50Cr15MoV German Steel with HRC 58 +/- 2 on the Rockwell Hardness Scale
- All metal forged shear and extra fine diamond coated honing steel included
- National Sanitation Foundation(NSF) Approved
This top rated kitchen knife set is going to be a mainstay in your home for quite some time. Thanks to German steel and high quality engineering, this product is one of the best that you can find on the market.
Totaling 22 knives and a cutting board, this is the most extensive set on our list – you’re not going to run out of uses for these! The Cangshan V2 Series is known to be one of the best knife sets, so you’re getting a quality product from a renowned brand. You’re going to love the look of this set, but more importantly, it’s going to be a useful arsenal of knives for your cooking projects.
- Set of 4 knives and block; contemporary and innovative design
- Made of high quality stainless steel; set seemingly appears to be created from a single block of stainless steel
- Set includes a 3-1/4-inch paring knife, 5-1/4-inch utility knife, 8-inch chef knife, 8-3/4-inch slicer and matching stainless steel block
- Designed by Mia Schmallenbach
- Made in France by Deglon
The Deglon Meeting Knife Set are top rated kitchen knives, constructed from a single stainless design throughout each entire piece. Produced by Deglon and designed by Mia Schmallenbach, these elegant knives won first prize in the 5th European Cutlery Design Awards. This four-piece set is housed in a sheath and can be removed easily by pressing the tip of blade and gently lifting up and out by the handle.
The set consists of a paring knife, utility knife, chef knife and a slicer. A lifetime manufacturer warranty is also included through a customer service request to cover any potential defects in workmanship. These innovative knives are compact and can be stored on countertops or in kitchen drawers, and deliver a precise cut with razor sharp blades no matter what holding technique the user may have. If you want a high-quality knife set that was built to last, the Deglon Meeting Knife Set is the product for you.
- Hand wash only
- Soft grip handle
- Black magnetic block for up to 12 knives
- End cap provides a counterweight for added balance
- (1) 8" Chef knife, (1) 8" Bread knife, (1) 7" Santoku knife, (1) 5" Serrated Utility knife, (1) 3.5" Parer, (1) 3" Birds Beak, (6) 4.5" Steak Knives, (1) Magnetic block
The Hampton Forge Skandia Forte 13-piece knife set features six steak knives, a chef’s knife, a bread knife, a santoku knife, a utility knife, a paring knife and a utility knife in a beautiful transparent magnetic display block. The blades are constructed from a titanium coated stainless steel and have chocolate brown handles, bolsters and ends – this is our pick for the best kitchen knives for the money.
Its non-stick surface keeps food from attaching to the sides, for cleaner and more secure slicing. The soft grip handle fits comfortably in either hand, and is balanced to provide greater flexibility and control. The razor sharp blades are easy to clean by hand without unwanted water spots. The magnetic display case doesn’t take up much counter space, and its unique design makes a excellent conversation piece during special occasions. The Hampton Forge Skandia Forte set are top rated kitchen knives that’ll provide you with long lasting durability, safety and performance.
#2 – Shun DMS2100
- 22-piece mega block set by shun
- Made from vg-10 stainless steel clad with 32 layers of high-carbon stainless steel
- Patterned, layered surface; stunning look of damascus steel with ultra-sharp 16-degree blade angle and incredible blade edge retention
- Black laminated PakkaWood D-shaped handle provides maximum comfort and reduces friction
- Hand wash and dry; limited lifetime warranty; made in japan
The Shun DMS2100 21-piece knife kit features a comprehensive range of the best kitchen knives and cooking tools: a bird’s beak knife, paring knife, six-inch serrated utility knife, two chef’s knives, hollow-round Santorum knife, hollow-ground slicing knife, vegetable cleaver, vegetable knife, boning/fillet knife, six steak knives, carving fork, kitchen shears, and bamboo storage block. Forged in the same tradition of samurai sword making, these top rated kitchen knives feature excellent edge retention and a 16-degree angle for greater flexibility and sharpness.
Reverse grip ebony packwood handles provide a comfortable grip and greater control, while the wood-grain pattern reduces friction and provides stain resistance, along with an elegant design. The Shun DMS2100 contemporary set of top rated kitchen knives will provide you with all the tools you need for your planned menu.
- Includes 9 knives: P01 Chef's Knife, P02 Japanese Chef's Knife, P04 Small Chef's Knife, P05 Carving Knife, P06 Bread Knife, P07 Filleting Knife, P09 Paring Knife, P10 Tomato Knife, and P19 Utility Knife
- Type 301 Knives (Japanese 301 steel)
- Ergonomic handle for better control when cutting
- Includes butcher block for storage and a whetstone for easy sharpening
Chroma 9-Piece Knife Set shows up in most kitchen knife reviews because it includes everything for a chef’s main cooking needs: three chef knives, a carving knife, a bread knife, a filleting knife, a paring knife, a tomato knife, and a utility knife. The blades are constructed from Japanese 301 steel and the ergonomic handles are made from high-quality stainless steel. Sharpened by a master, these knives will cut cleanly through a variety of food.
A butcher block and whetstone are also included to provide storage and keep the knives in excellent shape. The butcher block takes up little countertop room and features a contemporary design that blends in well with most kitchens and interior designs. These lightweight knives fit comfortably in most people’s hands and won’t cause fatigue with use. The Chroma 9-Piece Knife Set are top rated kitchen knives that are built to last a long time and clean quickly and easily by hand.
The Best Kitchen Knife Buyer’s Guide
There’s a lot of technical terms being thrown around in these reviews, so it may benefit you to brush up on some of the features to look for when purchasing the kitchen knives for your needs. Here’s a quick breakdown of some terms you’ll often see and how they relate to your best cooking experience.
Paring Knife: Also called a vegetable knife, this knife is used for small cooking tasks such as coring fruit, deveining, or seed removal. Typically, these tasks are done in a chef’s hand, rather than a cutting board.
Tomato Knife: This serrated knife peels citrus fruit and thinly slices tomatoes, and doesn’t need sharpening.
Chef’s Knife: This all-purpose knife performs a wide variety of prep tasks such as chopping vegetables, herbs and nuts. There’s a number of different sizes, and chefs should select one that best fits comfortably in their hands.
Bread Knife: This knife features a serrated edge for slicing through sandwich bread without squashing the loaf. It can also be used for splitting cakes as well.
Carving Knife: This knife features a long, thin blade for slicing meats.
Boning Knife: This type of knife features a dagger-shaped blade designed to slice through bone, ligaments and connective tissues.
Santoku: This Japanese-style knife features a blunt end that can be used for chopping, dicing and slicing a variety of foods. Dimples on the sides are designed to keep food from sticking.
Types of Metal
Stainless Steel: This is generally the cheapest material and requires constant sharpening.
Damascus: This type of material gives knives a mottled look because an inner core of carbon steel is surrounded by multiple layers of both hard and soft stainless steel.
Carbon Steel: This type of metal is generally more expensive and requires less sharpening over time.
Ceramic: This material is much harder and a lot lighter than carbon steel. Blade edges have a longer retention rate, but are more prone to chipping.
Keep these terms in mind when comparing prices and features to find the top rated kitchen knives for you.