These are the top five best Laptops For Photo Editing on the market, chosen from Hundreds of models.
#5 – Asus X751Ma-Dh21Tq
This is a very impressive device, sure to impress any acquaintances. There will not be any upgrades required in order to run any required programs, such as Photoshop or AfterEffects.
The Asus X751MA-DH21TQ has a large screen, with a bright and detailed display and touch features. Think of it as a digital palette board for you to make fine edits to future masterpieces! This definitely one of the best laptops for photo editing.
#4 – Hp Elitebook 850 G3
- 850 i5-6200U 15.6 8GB/128 PC Core i5-6200U, 15.6 HD ag LED sva, uma, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB SSD, BT, 3C battery, fpr, win 10 Pro 64 dg win 7 64, 3Yr Warranty U.S. - English localization
- Design that delivers high availability, scalability, and for maximum flexibility and price/performance
- Made in China
This is a deceptively small machine, capable of much more than you may think. Featuring a Skylake processor and plenty of RAM, this thin and lightweight machine can manage any photo editing duties, even on the go.
For professionals, freelancers, students or teachers, this portable editing machine can be very useful, as it is ideal for any photo editing applications. The HP Elitebook 850 G3 is one of the best photo editing laptops money can buy, so consider this product to help get your design career off the ground.
- 4th Gen 2.0 GHz Intel Core i7-4510U Dual Core Processor (4MB Cache, up to 2.6GHz), Intel HD Graphics
- 12GB DDR3L 1600MHz memory, 1TB Hard Drive (5400 RPM, Serial ATA), No DVD
- 15.6-inch TruBrite LED Backlit 1366x768 (HD) Display, HDMI with 4K Ultra HD output capability, Webcam
- 802.11 AC Wireless(support Gigabit WiFi), Bluetooth 4.0, Media card reader,
- Windows 8.1 upgrade to Windows 10
Toshiba offers a solid choice for students, freelancers and professionals looking for a low-profile editing machine. The fast operating system can handle all processing and graphics duties, the memory can handle complex programs, and the screen can handle hi-res displays, all of which are necessary to properly manipulate digital images.
The Toshiba Satellite S55T-B5273NR is one of the top rated photo editing laptops and you’re going to love it’s Core i7 processor. The size and functionality of this product are tough to match.
- 17.3 inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD+ resolution (1600 x 900)
- 6th Generation Intel Core i5-6200U 2.3 GHz Processor (3MB Cache, up to 2.80 GHz), Intel HD Graphics 520
- 8GB DDR3L 1600MHz Memory, 1TB 5400 rpm SATA Hard Drive, Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
- 802.11ac Wifi, Bluetooth 4.0, Backlit Keyboard, HDMI, USB 3.0 (1), USB 2.0 (2), Kensington lock slot, Media Card (SD, SDHC, SDXC), 10/100 RJ-45 Ethernet network, HD (720p) Webcam, Full size, spill-resistant keyboard with 10-key numeric keypad
- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit (Includes Windows 10 Pro License), 4-cell 40WHr Battery
This machine has a stellar presentation, and many benefits to back-up a terrific first impression. The functional keyboard and large screen are supplemented by a rock-solid OS and hard drive, to preserve any progress.
Enjoy extended editing sessions on the road with 7 hours of battery life, and a free upgrade to Windows 10 for upgrades down the line. The Dell Inspiron 17 5000 is perfect for high-res work, thanks to its 17 inch screen – you’re not going to be disappointed with this purchase!
- 128GB Solid-State Drive for fast boot, great performance, and enhanced reliability
- Additional 1TB hard drive lets you store even more
- 15.6-inch Full HD display is brilliantly entertaining with Windows 10
- Powerful 6th-Gen Intel Core i7-6500U
- Full size ports let you easily hook up 2 external displays
This is the cream of the crop, as far as portable editing machines go. Samsung is known for many different devices, all of which feature stunning displays. This machine is no exception, making it ideal for editing anything visual, thanks to its large screen and generous hard drive space.
Look no further: this is the best laptop for photo editing you can get your hands on. The Samsung NP500R5L-M03US is the top of the line product in this segment and you’re going to have a tough time pulling yourself away from this device!
Laptop For Photo Editing Buyer’s Guide
There’s a lot of technical terms being thrown around in these reviews, so it may benefit you to brush up on some of the features to look for when purchasing the laptop for your needs. Here’s a quick breakdown of some terms you’ll often see and how they relate to your photo editing abilities.
Storage: This is what determines how much free space you have to install programs, project files, or raw data such as photo dumps on your computer. Storage can come in the form of a hard drive, which is more stable but slower, or a solid state drive, which are more expensive but significantly faster.
Compatibility: While any machine running Windows can theoretically run hundreds of programs, it’s important to make sure the machine in question can run them well. These devices are all capable of running Photoshop, with enough RAM to run smoothly without crashes or stutters.
Optical Drive: Also known as a DVD drive, CD drive, or simply disc drive. These are essentially outdated now, but having a CD burner can make it easy to create backups of important files, or sharing finished photo albums.
Operating System (Os): This is the program that allows you to run programs, browse the web — essentially do anything — on your computer. Many customers are familiar with Microsoft’s series of Windows operating systems or Apple’s OS X series, but more experienced computer users may also be familiar with Linux-based distros such as Ubuntu, Arch or Gentoo.
Keep these terms in mind when comparing prices and features to find the Best Laptops For Photo Editing!