These are the top five best Marine Batteries on the market, chosen from Hundreds of models.
#5 – Expertpower
- Genuine ExpertPower Battery - The Most Trusted And Highest Reviewed Sealed Lead Acid Batteries On Amazon
- Battery Type - 12 Volt 33 Amp/10 Hour Deep Cycle Sealed Lead Acid Battery With Screw In Terminals
- AGM Tech - Utilizes Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) Technology And Has A Wide Temperature Range
- User Friendly - Easy, One-Time Installation Of Our Maintenance Free and Valve Regulated Batteries Will Get Your System Or Application Running In No Time At All
The ExpertPower battery received great reviews among other smaller engines and even solar panels. This product is extremely sealed, which allows you to take it anywhere with you without worrying about creating a toxic mess.
This is considered one of the lightest batteries on the market, so you will never feel discouraged to move it from one place to another. Whether you want to have power for your sound system, your trolling engine, or you just need a back-up battery, this product will not disappoint. Many customers have praised this battery for how long it lasts. So if you want an inexpensive battery that could serve you whenever you need it to, this may be a good investment for you.
- Dimensions: L=7.7" W=5" H=6.1"
- Also avilable as a battery kit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HOUCLWE
- Heavy Duty Grids: VMAX heavy duty lead tin alloys provide an extra margin of performance and service life in either float or cyclic applications, even after repeated over discharges.
- Maintenance Free Operation: There is no need to check specific gravity of the electrolyte or add water to VMAX tanks during float service life. In fact, there is no provision for this type of maintenance.
- RECOMMENDED CHARGER: VMAX BC1204 12V 3.3Amp
This product has extremely heavy duty grids, which allow for a longer life, as well as better performance. The Vmaxtanks operates without the need for maintenance, which gives you the ultimate peace of mind, knowing you don’t have to revisit the battery and maintain it.
This battery comes with a nice surprise – it is extremely lightweight. The 25 pound battery is extremely easy to haul around from your boat to your car.
Most customers agree that this battery charges extremely quickly, perhaps quicker than most batteries they’ve owned. If you want a small-sized, lightweight battery that will last a long time without needing to charge, look no further.
- 775 CCA; 140 MIN RC at 25A
- Non-spillable AGM construction
- Greater capacity to better handle the heavy loads placed on today's batteries
- 775 Cold Cranking Amps (CCA)
- Up to 145 minutes of reserve capacity to operate on board accessories
The Excide Edge is designed to handle bigger loads than most batteries on the market. The 775 cold cranking amps makes this battery much more powerful than most. This battery also features an impressive 145 minutes of reserve capacity, which is well above average when compared to the popular batteries on the market.
Some users claim they used it for two years straight without having to top it off or maintain it. The Excide features an advanced technology named SureLife Graphite Technology, which maximizes the available capacity to help make it perform better at high levels. The 30 months warranty will allow you to relax without worrying about the health of your battery. If you are looking for a completely well-rounded, powerful battery, this one may be the one for you.
#2 – Odyssey 34M-Pc1500St
- Cold Crank Amp (CCA)- 880; Better warranty: Limited 3 and 4 year full replacement warranty- not pro rata; Longer service life: 3-10 years of service life; save consumers time, money and aggravation; Longer cycle life
- Longer shelf life: Can be stored on open circuit without the need for recharging up to 2 years or 12.00V, whichever occurs first; Recharge: Highest recharge efficiency of any sealed lead battery on the market
- Vibration resistance- design protects against high impact shock and mechanical vibration; Extreme temperature tolerant- Operating temperatures from -40degree Celsius (-40 degree Fahrenheit) to 80 degree Celsius (176 degree Fahrenheit)
- Totally maintenance free: No need to add water, ever Improved safety- US Department of Transportation classified as a non-spillable battery; No acid spills, no escaping gases; Totally dry AGM design with resealable venting system
- This item is not for sale in Catalina Island
The Odyssey comes with a unique three year warranty, which is higher than most batteries on the market. This battery is rated to have 880 cold crank amps, which is enough power to handle almost any task you throw at it.
This battery gives you the luxury of never having to maintain it, which means you don’t have to add water or acid. The exterior design offers a corrosive resistant terminals, which is ideal for storage. The manufacturer claims this battery delivers more power than most, as well as 40% more reserve capacity; customers seem to agree with the impressive power this battery offers. If you are looking for a powerful battery that’s backed by a great warranty, consider making the Odyssey yours.
- 12-Volt, 900 Cold Cranking Amps, Size: 12 13/16" x 6 1/2" x 9 3/8" tall, Weight: 59.8 pounds, Dual SAE & 5/16" Stainless Steel Stud Posts
- Reserve capacity of 155 minutes for constant performance
- Optimal starting power even in bad weather; Fifteen times more resistant to vibration for durability
- This item is not for sale in Catalina Island
- Special Shipping Information: This item cannot be returned and has additional shipping restrictions
If power is what you are seeking, this battery comes in the lead. The Optima delivers 900 cold crank amps, which takes the lead on our list of marine batteries. When it comes to topping off the list, the Optima also delivers the highest reserve capacity of 155 minutes of constant performance.
This battery is designed to operate effectively in almost any weather condition, and with its tight seal, it won’t matter what position you have it in, as it will never leak. The heavy-duty, vibration resistant design allows this batter to operate at rougher conditions, without losing any power or performance. This battery will give you the most power, and the least charge time. If you are looking for the best battery on the market, this may be it.
Marine Batteries Buyer’s Guide
There’s a lot of technical terms being thrown around in these reviews, so it may benefit you to brush up on some of the features to look for when purchasing the best marine battery for your needs. Here’s a quick breakdown of some terms you’ll often see and how they relate to your marine battery experience.
Purpose: There are three types of marine batteries: starting batteries, deep cycle batteries, and dual-purpose batteries. The starting one are solely designed to crank the starter so your engine can turn over. The deep cycle batteries are designed to power your electrical components, which mean they are designed to last longer. The dual-purpose batteries are the best of both worlds, as they combine both the starting battery features and the deep cycle battery features.
Reserve Capacity: The reserve capacity rating is how long a battery can sustain a load of 25-amps before dropping down to 10.5-volts. Some batteries are more universal and don’t have reserve capacity ratings. These batteries are better used with solar panels, small trolling motors, etc.
Cold Cranking Amps: The cold cranking amps is the amount of amps a battery can provide in a 30 second period, while maintaining a minimum voltage of 7.2-volts.
Weight: Weight is a good feature to pay attention to, especially if you want to use your battery for a trolling motor on an inflatable boat, because you will have to haul the battery around.
Keep these terms in mind when comparing prices and features to find the Best Marine Battery!