Choosing the best microwave oven from among the deluge of choices being sold on the market is bound to confuse even a seasoned user. If you are a first-timer to the world of microwave ovens, it can quickly turn out to be a complicated affair. There are several aspects to look for before picking the best microwave oven. This article will shed some much-needed light on the vital points that you must take into account, such as the feature list, pros, and cons. Our staff has picked ten best microwave ovens and conducted comprehensive research on them to help you find the perfect companion for all your kitchen needs.
Here are the answers to some of the frequently asked questions about microwave ovens.
1. What Is a Microwave Oven?
A microwave oven is an appliance powered by electricity that is designed to cook food by exposing it microwaves, which is a form of electromagnetic radiation.
2. What Does a Microwave Oven Do?
The microwaves emitted by the microwave oven excite the water molecules in the food and produce heat, which in turn cooks the food. These microwaves help cook the foods quickly, evenly, and from the inside.
3. What Are the Factors to Consider While Choosing the Best Microwave?
One of the main factors you should consider when going for the best microwave oven is its ability to satisfy your needs and requirements adequately. Apart from that, some of the other factors you may consider are the brand, the feature list, the build quality, and the price.
4. Where Can You Buy Them?
You can buy the best microwave ovens online from marketplaces such as Amazon and Walmart, or you could even visit a brick and mortar store like Costco, Home Depot, or Target, among others.
How We Reviewed
The following microwave ovens were reviewed by our staff with the following factors in mind: features, pros, cons, price, where to buy them, and warranty. Based on these parameters, we conducted extensive research on the products in the list to come up with the best microwave oven that is ideal for everyone.
Overall Price Range of the Best Microwave
The overall price range of the best microwave ovens starts off as low as $50 and goes up to as high as $600. The price primarily depends on the brand, the technology that it uses, and the list of features. When it comes to purchasing the best microwave oven, always make sure to prioritize your needs and requirements over the pricing.
What We Reviewed
Best Microwave - Comparison Table
Panasonic NN-SN651B Countertop Microwave with Inverter Technology
- Panasonic microwave: This 1200 watt high power, 1.2 cubic foot capacity black countertop microwave delivers a seamless stream of cooking power for even cooking and delicious flavor
- Inverter technology with turbo defrost: patented inverter technology generates a seamless stream of power and delivers consistent, evenly prepared food without overcooking; advanced inverter turbo defrost speeds up defrosting time.Power Consumption:1480 watts
- Compact design: this countertop microwave with 13.4 inch turntable is thinner, lighter and more efficient, allowing you to devote less space to electronics and more to interior capacity; internal dimensions (h x w x d): 9 15/16 inch x 13 15/16 inch x 14 3/8 inch
- Smart cooking settings with genius sensor: built in automatic genius sensor adjusts power and times based on different foods; other advantages include 12 preset menu items, quick minute timer, delay start and child safety lock
- Keep warm feature: this inverter microwave keeps soups, gravies or desserts warm and fresh until ready to serve.Control panel:membrane
Equipped with the patented Inverter Technology, the Panasonic microwave delivers a steady and constant stream of microwaves to cook food consistently even in low temperatures. This ensures that the food is evenly cooked from the sides to the center. The inverter tech in the microwave also helps cook delicate foods without overcooking or burning them. The microwave features touch controls that are convenient to use, thereby eliminating the need for buttons. It also comes with 12 pre-programmed functions to cook different foods like soups, oatmeal, pasta, frozen foods, among others. Compared to conventional options, this Panasonic microwave is more compact, requires less space, and is almost eight pounds lighter.
The Panasonic NN-SN651B Countertop Microwave can be found on Amazon for around $145.
Panasonic offers a one-year limited warranty for all parts except the magnetron tube, for which it offers a 5-year warranty.
Breville Quick Touch BMO734XL
- Quickstart one-touch cooking: +30 second instant start button starts cooking Immediately for 30 seconds at 100% power
- Sensor IQ reheat and cook: automatically measures humidity released from food and calculates the cook time
- A bit more' button: for use when a little Extra cooking time is required
- Speed settings: 10 power levels from 10%-100%
- Construction materials: polished stainless steel interior, fascia and door handle
The Breville Quick Touch is a solidly built piece of machinery worthy of being given the title of the best microwave. It features a polishes stainless steel interior that can be cleaned easily with just a damp cloth. With a maximum capacity of 34 liters, the microwave can easily accommodate large cookware. The interface of the microwave is intuitive and easy to use. The display is a large, well-lit, and easy to read and comprehend. The Breville Quick Touch allows you to adjust the power levels in real-time, even while cooking the food. You can cycle through ten different power levels starting from 10 to 100 percent with just a twist of a dial.
The Breville Quick Touch BMO734XL Microwave can be found on Amazon for around $250.
Breville offers a one-year limited replacement warranty for its microwave.
Counter Top Rotary Microwave Oven by Westinghouse
- Kitchen countertop microwave oven for preparing snacks, heating up last night’s leftovers or food preparation.
- Durable strong construction with a stainless steel front display and black cabinet for compact durability.
- Easy to grasp grip type handle to open and close the door
- Mechanical, rotary dial controls make it great for those seeking simple, basic operation
- 901 watts of cooking power
Small, sleek, and elegant, the Counter Top Rotary Microwave from Westinghouse is the perfect kitchen partner. Ideal for cooking and heating small portions of food, the microwave takes up very little space on the kitchen counter. It comes in two different capacities: six cubic feet and nine cubic feet. Unlike other microwaves with a push button lever to open the door, this one features a handle that is easy to grasp. The microwave is suitable for studio apartments and dormitories where preparing snacks and reheating foods are common. It has six different power levels, making it suitable for cooking a range of foods from pizza to meat.
The Counter Top Rotary Microwave Oven by Westinghouse can be found on Amazon for around $95 to $100.
Westinghouse offers a one-year limited warranty for all parts and labor except the magnetron tube, for which it offers a 5-year warranty.
Cuisinart CMW-100 1-Cubic-Foot Stainless Steel Microwave Oven
- 1000-watt stainless-steel microwave oven with 1-cubic-foot interior
- Touchpad controls with LCD; 25 preprogrammed settings; 10 power levels
- 8 presets with serving-size options; 2-stage cooking operation
- 2 defrost functions; 12-inch glass turntable; instructions and recipes included
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards Weight:33.5 pounds; Dimensions:20.50" x 15.25" x 12.80"
The Cuisinart CMW-100 microwave is a must-have tool for all your kitchen needs. Made from the highest quality stainless steel, the microwave is non-porous and does not absorb odors or moisture, making it easy for you to clean up afterward. It comes with 8 preset options and 25 pre-programmed settings that let you cook a variety of dishes to perfection.
The Cuisinart CMW-100 microwave can be found on Amazon for around $136.
Cuisinart offers a limited three-year warranty for its microwave oven.
Panasonic NN-SN936B Countertop Microwave with Inverter Technology
- Panasonic Microwave: This 1250 Watt high power, 2.2 cubic foot capacity black countertop microwave delivers a seamless stream of cooking power for even cooking and delicious flavor
- Inverter Technology with Turbo Defrost: Patented Inverter Technology generates a seamless stream of power and delivers consistent, evenly prepared food without overcooking; Advanced Inverter Turbo Defrost speeds up defrosting time. Power Source 120V / 60Hertz. Power Consumption 1460W
- Large Family Size: This countertop microwave with 16 1/2 inch turntable is thinner, lighter and more efficient, allowing you to devote less space to electronics and more to interior capacity; Internal dimensions (H x W x D): 10 15/16 inch x 18 7/16 inch x 18 1/2 inch
- Smart Cooking Settings with Genius Sensor: Built in automatic Genius Sensor adjusts power and times based on different foods; Other advantages include 14 preset menu items, quick minute timer, delay start and child safety lock
- Keep Warm Feature: This inverter microwave keeps soups, gravies or desserts warm and fresh until ready to serve. Clock: 12 H
Sporting a sleek and stylish build, the Panasonic NN-SN936B microwave can even double up as a piece of art for your kitchen. Similar to the NN- SN651B, the microwave also utilizes the patented inverter technology that supplies a steady stream of power to cook food. Although the overall power consumption is on the higher side, the microwave, with its 1,250-watt power cooks food faster thereby saving you time.
The Panasonic NN-SN936B microwave can be found on Amazon for around $172.
Panasonic offers a one-year limited warranty for all parts except the magnetron tube, for which it offers a 5-year warranty.
General Electric Countertop Microwave w/Child Lockout and Extra Large
- 0.7 cu. ft. capacity. Approximate product dimensions : 17.25 inch W X 10.12 inch H X 13 inch D
- Convenience cooking controls
- Auto and time defrost
- Overall Width:17 1/4 inches
Featuring a clean industrial design, the General Electric countertop microwave blends into any kitchen setting. The all-touch controls and bright led display make the operation of the microwave hassle-free. The 1,200-watt powerful magnetron tube with inverter technology makes cooking a wide range of dishes an effortless task. The large viewing window at the front allows you to view the cooking process without any obstruction.
The General Electric Countertop Microwave can be found on Amazon for around $325 to $372.
General Electric offers a one-year limited warranty for all parts except the magnetron tube, for which it offers a 5-year warranty.
Nostalgia RMO770RED Retro 0.7 Cubic Foot Microwave Oven
The Nostalgia RMO770RED is the best microwave for people who are fond of all things vintage. The microwave sports a bright red fascia that is sure to stand out in your kitchen. Nostalgia electrics brilliantly incorporates a classic retro design replete with buttons and dials into the microwave. The circular led display fits perfectly with the design theme and is bright and clear.
The Nostalgia RMO770RED can be found on Amazon for around $80.
Nostalgia electrics provides only a 90-day repair or replacement warranty for the microwave.
Farberware Classic FMO11AHTBKD 1.1 Cubic Foot 1000 Watt Microwave Oven
- 1000 watts of cooking power and 10 power levels allow you to adjust the power from 10% to 100%; Multi-stage cooking for custom-cooked meals and snacks
- 1 through 6-minute Express Cooking quick start controls and Add 30-Seconds control
- 6 One-Touch cooking functions for popcorn, potato, pizza, frozen vegetable, beverage, or a dinner plate; Memory Function stores and calls up cooking settings instantly
- Defrost by time or weight; Digital control and led display with clock and kitchen timer. The LCD display provides a clock and kitchen timer
- Removable rotating glass turntable; Keypad Lock prevents unsupervised use
Sporting a sleek and well-proportioned design, the Farberware Classic microwave is a simple, yet elegant piece of hardware. The controls are touch friendly and are flush with the surface of the microwave. The all black interior is made of stainless steel and is easy to clean. It supports customizable multi-stage cooking for preparing complex dishes. Also, the controls can be locked down to prevent any accidental touches or presses while under operation.
The Farberware Classic FMO11AHTBKD can be found on Amazon for around $100.
Farberware offers a limited one-year manufacturer’s warranty for the microwave.
GE PEM31SFSS Profile Stainless Steel Countertop Microwave
- GE 1. 1 cuft 800W Turntable MWO SS
- This countertop microwave oven is built-in capable with a sleek matching trim kit
- Cavity (W x H x D)- 17-3/8 x 9 x 12-1/4 inches
Featuring a rectangular industrial design, the GE profile microwave is quirky, yet solidly built. Its versatile design allows you to either place it on your kitchen counter or mount it under a cabinet using an optional hanging kit. Even with a low-profile design, the microwave incorporates a turntable that is completely removable.
The GE PEM31SFSS microwave can be found on Amazon for around $340.
General Electric offers a one-year limited warranty, which includes parts and labor for the microwave.
Daewoo KOR-7LREM Retro Countertop Microwave Oven
The Daewoo KOR-7LREM is another microwave that utilizes the retro theme to good effect. Available in three different colors, the microwave is compact, light-weight, and does not take up too much space on your countertop. True to the retro theme, the buttons, the knobs, and the door handle are all appropriately dipped in chrome.
The Daewoo KOR-7LREM Retro microwave can be found on Amazon for around $73.
Daewoo offers a one-year limited warranty for the microwave that covers both the parts and the labor.
Among the ten best microwave ovens that we reviewed in this article, there were certain products that had a considerable edge over the others. After spending a lot of time researching on the technical aspects of the microwaves and sorting through actual user reviews, our staff has unanimously concluded that the Panasonic NN-SN651B is worthy of being called the best microwave oven. For people who are on a tight budget, the Nostalgia RMO770RED Retro is the best microwave as it is relatively inexpensive, yet sturdy and functional. For people who prefer not to deal with complex electronics, the best microwave is the one by Westinghouse as it utilizes manual controls throughout.
Last update on 2021-06-12 at 16:41 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API