These are the top five best Orbital Sanders on the market, chosen from Dozens of models.
The Black & Decker sander is considered a great addition to any DIYer’s tool box. It is extremely lightweight and small in construction, which makes it portable and easy to store. The easy to use tool features a hook and loop system, which lets you change the sand paper quickly and easily, without having to take anything apart.
This product has a five-inch sander, which features random orbital action that allows it to move at a high rate and makes for a smooth operation. The Black & Decker has a completely sealed dust canister, which allows for clean sanding without making a mess of dust. This product is backed by a two year warranty, which gives you the sense of peace, knowing the company stands behind its product, as per its legendary reputation. If you are into DIYs, this will be the perfect addition to your tools.
- 2.5-Amp: 7,500-12,000 OPM, Tool Level-2 - Corded - variable speed intermediate
- The variable speed dial allows you to match the speed to work piece and task
- Hook-and-loop disc attachment contains over 35,000 long-life hooks ensure form grip of the disc
- Features microfilter system for optimal filtering of fine dust and trapping particles as small as a 1/2-micron in diameter
- Twist-Off Dust Canister: Durable, compact canister shows dust level and easily detaches
Bosch has a fantastic reputation for producing quality products. This tool has hooks that are rated to last 35,000 uses, which means you won’t need to worry about replacing the hooks anytime in the near future. When you’re using this sander, you will have the freedom of switching between speeds; if you want to do smooth, soft sanding, you can adjust it to a minimum of 7,500 OPM. However, if you are tackling a heavier duty project, you can quickly set it to 12,000 OPM and sand away.
This sander will produce 2.5 amps of power and go for as long as you need it to go for. Thanks to its rubber grip, your hands won’t get sore or tired from holding it, and you will get more leverage for smooth movement. The canister attached to the back of this tool can easily and quickly twist off, which allows you to easily clean the dust on the inside. There won’t be any dust on the outside, however, as this canister is sealed tightly and is constructed from durable material. Bosch equipped this tool with a dampening system and a pad braking mechanism, which prevents swirl marks on the area you are sanding. If you want a great product without spending all your income on one, this model is sure to make you happy.
#3 – Dynabrade 59020
- Optional vacuum conversion kits are available to easily convert non-vacuum tool to self-generated vacuum tool or central vacuum tool
- Floating rotor utilizes five blades, producing more usable power. Less air is used more efficiently to maintain maximum power
- Comfort Platform provides additional hand and wrist support. Also offers increased protection against cold air exhaust
- Throttle lever recesses into housing grip when depressed, eliminating pressure-point on operator's palm
- Speed Control allows thumb-control regulating of tool speed. Lighter air-motor assembly, ideal for vertical and overhead sanding applications
The Dynabrade 59020 is considered one of the lightest orbital sanders around. This tools requires compressed air to operate, and although it can only work as such, this can allow for efficient and powerful operation. This model enables you to buy a conversion kit for it, which allows you to connect a vacuum to it for the ultimate dust collection. The Dynabrade features a floating rotor that utilizes five blades, which allows for more efficient use of power and means less air is being used.
This product features a longer handle, which increases the platform for your hands, allowing for a more comfortable and stable grip. With a small thumb action, you can change the speed of this tool to go faster or slower, depending on the task on which you are working. Customers praise this product as a high-quality air tool, and if you already own other models, this would be a great addition to your collection, as you can use the air compressor for all of them. Finally, customers claim this tool produces a much quieter sound than they expected. If you are looking for a small, quality sander and you have an air compressor, look no further.
#2 – Makita Bo5041K
- Smooth and fast sanding with 3.0 AMP motor
- Variable speed control dial (4,000-12,000 OPM) enables user to match the sanding speed to the application
- Ergonomic rubberized palm grip and handle for improved operator comfort and control
- Adjustable front handle allows for sanding in corners and confined areas
- Large two-finger trigger switch with conveniently located lock-on button for continuous use and increased operator comfort
- Large 1/8"" random orbit action for fast and super smooth sanding provides a swirl-free finish
- Pad control system for controlled pad speed upon start-up
- Efficient through-the-pad dust collection system for a cleaner work environment
- Pad brake engineered for increased performance and reduced gouging
- High capacity dust collection system with built-in vacuum port adapter for improved dust collection
- Uses quick-change 5"" (8-hole) hook-and-loop abrasive paper
- Oversized sealed-ball bearing construction for longer tool life
- Double insulated
- 1 ea. Abrasive Disc (#120, 794520-1)
- Dust Bag (166078-4)
- Tool Case (183782-0)
- Variable speed control dial (4,000 - 12,000 OPM) to match the sanding speed to the material.
- Ergonomic rubberized palm grip and handle for improved operator comfort and control.
- Adjustable front handle allows for sanding in corners and confined areas.
- Large two-finger trigger switch with conveniently located lock-on button for continuous use and increase operator comfort.
- Large 1/8" random orbit action for fast and super smooth sanding provides a swirl free finish.
The Makita B05041K is considered one of the top competitors on the sanders’ market. This little-in-size tool produces three amps of power, which is strong enough for most sanding and wood projects. The Makita allows you to switch between speeds, from a minimum of 4,000 OPM to a maximum of 12,000 OPM, which is one of the widest speed ranges on the market. Thanks to this versatility, you can perform the softest and most sensitive of tasks, or the most extreme sanding work. The rubber grips around this power tool allow for comfortable handling, as well as secured operation, so you don’t have to worry about rough sanding or even slippage.
The Makita offers a unique feature that isn’t offered in most other sanders on the market: an adjustable handle. This feature allows you to adjust it depending on the angle on which you are working, allowing you to sand anything at any position comfortably and effectively. The 1/8″ random orbit action this sander features allows for clean sanding with no swirls, as well as much faster work than others on the market. This product comes with an advanced pad brake system, which increases the performance, and decreases any sloppy finishes. If you want a high-end product with various great features, this one will not disappoint.
- The item is DEWALT D26453K 3 Amp 5-Inch Variable Speed Random Orbit Sander Kit with Cloth Dust Bag
- Used for Pneumatics, Sanders & Grinders
- The product is manufactured in Mexico
- 3.0 Amp electronic variable speed motor adjusts from 7,000-12,000 opm providing ideal sanding speed for smooth finish
- Textured anti-slip top and body grip provides ultimate comfort and control during use
- Controlled Finishing System maintains controllable pad speed and minimizes gouging during start up
- Dust-Sealed Switch protects against dust ingestion for longer switch life
- Sealed 100% ball-bearing construction provides longer life; High capacity dust bag with built-in vacuum adapter provides maximum dust collection with or with out a vacuum
The Dewalt is one of the most powerful sanders on this level, which produces five amps of power. The power sander will sand anything you want, and, with the five-inch random orbit sander, you will get smooth sanding, fast sandng, and swirl-free sanding. When using this power tool, you can change the speed of the orbital anywhere from 7,000 OPM to 12,000 OPM. The top of the handle features an anti-slip top, as well as another one around the body, making handling this machine extremely safe and smooth.
The Dewalt features a controlled finishing system – an advanced technology designed to maintain a controllable pad speed – so you have even, smooth sanding, as well as minimal gouging during start-up. This product is equipped with a large dust bag, which is completely sealed, thus minimizing any dust going outside of the bag and onto the working area. This product comes with a tool bag for extreme mobility, as well as a three year warranty, which is a great assurance for power tools like this one. If you want the best overall orbital sander, you’ve found it.
Orbital Sanders Buyer’s Guide
There’s a lot of technical terms being thrown around in these reviews, so it may benefit you to brush up on some of the features to look for when purchasing the best orbital sander for your needs. Here’s a quick breakdown of some terms you’ll often see and how they relate to your orbital sander experience.
Power: The power the sander produces says a lot about how durable and effective it would be. If you plan on using your sander to tackle heavy duty projects, consider a sander with over three amps of power. However, if you plan on using it for small DIY projects, a two amp sander will do the job.
Speed Range: The speed range is how fast or slow the sander can go. Some sanders don’t have a speed setting, in which case, you will only get one speed. However, the sanders equipped with speed control will allow you to control the pace of work, so you can do extremely smooth sanding.
Electrcial Or Air Compression: Sanders can vary in how they operate. Some sanders require electricity to operate, which you can just plug them in an outlet and start working, while others require an air compressor, which will force you to purchase an air compressor to operate.
Grip: Pay special attention to the grip on the handle of the sander, as it plays a huge role in the comfort of your hands, the control of your machine, and the outcome of the sanding surface. A rubber grip helps you secure the machine from slipping, as well as give you extreme comfort.
Keep these terms in mind when comparing prices and features to find the Best Orbital Sander!