These are the top five best Portable Air Conditioners on the market, chosen from Hundreds of models.
#5 – Honeywell Mn10Cesbb
- 10,000 BTU portable air conditioner cools areas up to 350 sq. ft.
- No bucket, no-drip design uses auto-evaporation system
- Dehumidification up to 70 pints per 24 hours.Full function remote control
- Digital LCD display with feather touch controls
- Refer page 15 of user manual for troubleshooting steps.
The Honeywell MN10CESBB is an amazing portable air conditioner with a power of 10,000-Btu, which is enough to cool a 450-square-foot room.
While it might not seem like enough power to some people, it is plenty for a midsize living space. It is a well-designed freestanding AC unit. The three-speed fan on this portable AC circulates air at low, medium and high speeds to provide cooling against different levels of heat. Airflow speeds from this unit can reach up to 174 cubic feet per minute. This is slightly below average, but it is enough airflow that you should feel a noticeable difference within the first half hour of turning on the Honeywell MN10CESBB.
#4 – Lg Lp1415Gxr
- 14,000 BTU portable air conditioner uses standard 115-volt electrical outlet
- Cools a room up to 600 sq. ft. with dehumidification up to 3.4 pints per hour
- LED display panel with 3 fan speeds and 3 cooling speeds
- Front air discharge with auto swing louvers and washable mesh filter
- Easy roll caster wheels allow for easy movement across most floor surfaces
- Includes: Window Installation Kit
The LG LP1415GXR is a powerful 14,000-Btu air conditioner which can easily cool and dehumidify a lot of space.
It is a good air conditioner with a sleek, modern design that fits well in any sort of room. The oscillating louvers add to the eye-catching look of this AC unit. The oscillating louvers are an uncommon feature is most units that, when activated, turn the fan slats automatically from side to side. This helps evenly distribute the air and saves you the trouble of getting up to adjust them. The LG LP1415GXR is a powerful unit for spacious rooms.
#3 – Whynter Arc-12S
- Three operational modes: air conditioner, fan or dehumidifier
- Full thermostatic control (61°F - 89°F) with digital readout, 24 hour programmable timer
- Remote control, upgraded plastic window kit (46" max.), carbon air filter and washable pre-filter included
- Dehumidifying capacity of 91 pints per day, 3 fan speeds. Includes extendable exhaust hose (up to 60") and window kit (up to 46")
- Max. window kit length = 46" , Min. window kit length = 20"
The Whynter ARC-12S is among one of the best portable air conditioners available because of its many convenient features, suite of third-party certifications and energy efficiency.
It has some great cooling specification and operation modes, as well as a decent design and an excellent energy efficiency ratio. Though this top rated portable air conditioner lacks a night mode, its energy efficiency makes up for it. The 12,000 Btus Whynter ARC-12S can also easily cool a space of 400 square feet.
#2 – Haier Hpn12Xcm
The Haier HPN12XCM is one of the best portable air conditioner thanks to its excellent cooling capabilities, solid design and numerous operation modes. This model possess amazing cooling capacity for a large room due to its enormous air vent.
The unit is very portable and that makes it easy to move around inside the house. You can even move it around daily, as you can place it in your living room during the day and in your bedroom at night. The 12,000 Btu unit can easily cool a large room. The Haier HPN12XCM has numerous safety certifications, convenient features and a stylish design.
#1 – Friedrich P09B
- 40Percent faster cooling with dual hose exhaust
- LCD remote control
- Self evaporative condensate system
- 24 hour timer
- 3 fan speeds
- 9000 Btu ZoneAire portable room air conditioner has an EER of 9.4 for rooms up to approximately 400 sq ft.
- Dual-hoses for closed loop cooling and exhaust functions for up to 40% faster cooling thean single hose units
- 3-in-1 system is an air conditioner, dehumidifer and a fan
- Condensate overflow protection will automatically shut off the unit if the tank should become full
- 24-hour timer
The Friedrich P09B is a great choice for rooms up to 500 square feet. It also has a full suite of convenient features to keep you cool and comfortable during the hot summer months.
It includes a remote control with an LCD screen, as well as an auto evaporative system, so you don’t have to worry about constantly emptying the drip tray. Due to its large air vent it has a powerful air flow. It is quiet during operation so it won’t be an annoyance while you try to relax in a room or during a conversation with friends. The Friedrich P09B is definitely one of the best portable air conditioners you can go for in order to make your house remain cool during extreme heat.
Portable Air Conditioners Buyer’s Guide
While there are a lot of portable air conditioner reviews out there not all of them fully explain what one needs to search for in order to buy the best rated portable air conditioner.
Efficiency: You need to make sure that the portable air conditioner that you are going to buy is energy efficient or not. Check all the details of the unit as nobody wants to end up paying a huge electricity bill each month.
Convenience: The portable air conditioner needs to be ‘portable’ and convenient for your house. You need to be able to move it around wherever and whenever you want without stressing yourself.
Cooling Capacity: The cooling capacity of an air conditioner is measured in BTU’s which is the standard unit of cooling worldwide. The higher the BTU value of the AC the more suitable it is for larger rooms. You should check the BTU of the AC you’re going to buy and whether or not it has enough power to cool the room you want to place it in.
Design: The design of the portable air conditioner is also very important. Due to the fact that you’ll be placing it in your house it needs to go well with the overall decor of the room. It shouldn’t standout in a bad way and make your room look ugly.
Keep these terms in mind when comparing prices and features to find the Best Portable Air Conditioner!