These are the top five best Portable Generators on the market, chosen from Hundreds of models.
#5 – Generac 6001
- Integrated propane tank holder accepts either 20 lb or 30 lb propane cylinders for flexibility, convenience and extended runtimes
- Low-oil shutdown to the engine from possible damage
- 30 Amp Outlet Allows generator to be easily connected to a manual transfer switch to provide integrated backup power to your home
- Covered circuit breaker protected outlets provide overload protection and added protection from the environment
- Folding/Nesting Handle and tank holder for compact storage
There’s no doubt that the Generac 6001 is one of the best portable generators that you can purchase. It’s a reliable source of power for a very good price.
With a folding handle and a tank holder, this machine is quite compact. Additionally, propane fuel has numerous advantages, which makes the purchase of this generator an even greater choice. One problem with this model is that the running time is comparatively low. The maximum time it will work for is 11 hours while others generators running on the same amount of fuel work for 14 hours. Regardless, the pros of propane outweigh the short running time. The Generac 6001 is a mobile, reliable and energy efficient generator that should be considered as a long-term option.
#4 – Yamaha Ef2000Is
- 1600 watt rated AC output, 2000 watt maximum AC output, 13.3/16.7 amps @ 120V
- Super-quiet muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor - 51.5 dBA at 1/4 load
- Smart Throttle varies engine speed based on load - improves fuel economy and reduces noise
- Inverter system with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) control
- CARB Compliant
The Yamaha EF2000iS is perhaps the lightest portable generator worthy of your consideration, weighing just about 44 pounds. Additionally, the wrap-around handle makes this model much easier to carry and transport, it has one of the smallest footprints among the best generators available to consumers.
The inverter system of this machine provides cleaner electricity, making it safe for a number of applications. The generator does have a small fuel tank, however, it’s not to be underestimated since the 1.1-gallon tank can provide up to 10.5 hours of run time when it’s is running in economy mode. All in all, the Yamaha EF2000iS is a great generator that’s high-quality, durable and compact.
- Clean and instant power to keep appliances and other important electronics running during a power outage
- Produces 25-percent more surge wattage so you can run large appliances and tools at the same time
- 2100 series OHV 420cc engine
- 7.5-Gallon Metal fuel tank for an impressive 9-hours of continuous operation at 50-percent load on a full tank
- 3-Year limited warranty
- Can not be shipped to the state of California
The Briggs & Stratton 30663 is one of the portable generators that should be on the list of models you are considering to purchase – this model often shows up in portable generator reviews for a reason. Not only does it provide instant power, it has a number of other benefits as well.
This model produces a 25 percent greater power surge, which means you can easily run heavy tools and appliances with it. With a fuel gauge and an hour meter, monitoring the gas levels is much easier. Moreover, the generator is almost noiseless. It does weigh 221 pounds, but its never flat tires and carrying handle make it easy to maneuver. The bottom line is that the Briggs & Stratton 30663 is a reliable machine and an excellent long-term solution to your generator needs.
The Champion Power Equipment 46539 is definitely a good choice if you’re looking for an optimum generator that provides you with maximum output – this practical, durable and inexpensive model is our pick for the best portable generator for the money.
This machine comes with a number of added benefits. Firstly, the remote startup is quite convenient and this, paired with the ability to easily start in a cold environment, makes this best generator a great choice. This model makes more noise than compared to other generators. However, this can be overlooked because of the output power and the power surge that the generator provides. Through this Champion generator review you can tell that regardless of the noise it produces the Champion Power Equipment 46539 is an affordable, practical and productive machine that will provide you years of reassurance.
#1 – Westinghouse Wh7500E
- 7,500 Running Watts and 9,000 Starting/Surge Watts; 6.6 Gallon Fuel Tank - 11 Hour Run Time at 25% Load
- Simple Operator Control Center: Features a L14-30R 120/240VAC Twist Lock Power Outlet (Compatible with Westinghouse Transfer Switch) and 4x 120VAC Power Outlets, Main Circuit Breaker and 2x Individual Circuit Breakers, Grounding Port, Digital Hour Meter, and Electric Start/Run/Stop Switch
- Features One Touch Electric Start (Battery Included): Easily Starts at the Simple Push of a Button (Also Features Manual Recoil Starting Option); Also Features 420cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine with Iron Sleeve for Long-Lasting Durability and Low Maintenance, Puncture-Proof Tires, Automatic Low Oil Shutdown, and the Westinghouse Pulse-Flo Muffler (for Quiet Operation)
- Plug-and-Play: Includes Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Battery Charger, and a Tool Kit to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- EPA & CARB Compliant (Legal for Sale in California); 3-Year Limited Warranty; Customer Service and Support at 1-855-WHHELP-1 (1-855-944-3571)
The Westinghouse WH7500E features a Pulse-Flo muffler due to which there is hardly any noise made by the generator. This provides a quiet and noiseless machine that still gives you enough power to run appliances.
All the wiring on this machine has been protected which ensures a long lasting life. The generator has both an electric start as well as a manual start, thus providing flexible options to the user. All in all, with automatic voltage regulation and 7,500 running watts, the Westinghouse WH7500E is the best portable generator available to consumers.
Portable Generators Buyer’s Guide
While there are many portable generator reviews you can read, not all generator reviews can provide you with useful information. A number of different factors need to be taken into consideration when buying a portable generator. You need to think about the performance of the generator and how easy it is to use it. Similarly, you also need to think about the portability and how much it weighs to ensure that it is easy to carry around. You also need to take a look at the amount of noise made by the generator. Considering all of these factors is vital since it will help you to pick the best generator!
Performance: You need to review the output that the generator provides to make sure that it has enough power to support a number of appliances, or at least the appliances you want to keep using when the power is out. Look at the power surge and the wattage provided by the generator.
Ease Of Use: This refers to how easy it is to turn the generator on. Some of the generators need great manual exertion while others can be switched on with a remote. This is why you need to be careful and make the right choice. No one likes to fumble in the dark trying to operate a generator.
Noise Level: Nobody likes having a generator which causes a headache because of all the noise it makes and keeps you up all night when the power is out. You should look for generators that don’t produce a lot of noise or make the neighbors annoyed.
Portability: The generator needs to be as light as possible so that it can be carried easily or it should have tires which would make it easy to move around.
Keep these terms in mind when comparing prices and features to find the Best Portable Generator!