These are the top five best Sewing Machines For Kids on the market, chosen from Hundreds of models.
- Portable, Compact Sewing Machine Perfect for beginners, alterations and sewing on the go
- 10 Built-In Stitches including straight, zigzag, crescent wit two needle positions
- Free Arm, Accessory Storage, Easy Reverse and only five pounds
- Threading Diagrams & Top Drop-In Bobbin with clear cover makes for easy set-up
- Presser Foot with Finger Guard protects little fingers
- 10 Stitch Options
- Lightweight and Portable
- Top Loading Drop-In Bobbin
- 2 Needle Positions, Left and Center, Free Arm Sewing Capability
- Kindly refer the user manual given below for troubleshooting steps.
The Janome Fastlane Fuschia Basic is a kids sewing machine, plain and simple. At the price point advertised it’s an incredible value, with 10 built-in stitching patterns that are easy to weave in and out of with the knob on the front. You also won’t have to worry about any accidents happening, as it has a finger guard for the little ones.
Probably the most impressive thing about this childrens’ sewing machine is its portability. At five pounds, it’s the lightest of any other model on the market, and it has a built-in accessory holder. It’s a perfect starter for the young sewing enthusiast, and it’s one of the best kids’ sewing machines as well.
When looking for a great sewing machine for children, safety, weight, and ease of use come to mind. That’s where the Michley SS-700 comes into play. Two speeds allow your young sewer to keep up at their pace, and the built-in LED light adds visibility, and safety, to their work.
It’s also easy to change seam type with a turn of the knob, which the kids will love. Everything is intuitive, from the easy bobbin rewinder to the built-in thread cutter. It’s light, fun, and will have your child feeling creative and in charge.
- Easy Threading System with instructions printed right on the sewing machine
- Simple Stitch Selection allows you to change the stitch in one easy step
- 6 built-in stitches; Straight, zigzag, satin, blind hem, scallop, buttonhole
- FREE Accessories Including 3 Snap-On Presser Feet
- Free Arm. Heavy Duty Metal Frame. Automatic Bobbin Winding System. 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only
The Singer 1304 is a Consumers’ Choice Award winner – and for good reason! It’s perfectly built for kids, with an easy threading system that has instructions printed directly onto the machine. Threading the machine is always one of the hardest parts of getting started, and to make this step so simple wins the Singer 1304 many brownie points.
Twist the knob for the right stitch, use the free arm to sew collars and sleeves, and enjoy three presser feet that are already included. With the preset stitch length and width, this is a kids sewing machine through and through.
- Easy-to-use, value-packed and versatile, perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects
- 27 unique built-in stitches, including decorative, blind hem, zigzag and stretch stitches and one-step auto-size buttonholer for virtually perfect buttonholes
- 6 included quick-change sewing feet, with buttonhole, zipper, zigzag, narrow hemmer, blind stitch and button sewing feet
- Ease of use features include built-in needle threader, jam-resistant top drop-in bobbin and brightly lit LED work area
- Includes instructional DVD, bilingual user manual, 25 year limited warranty, with FREE technical support for the life of the product. We do not recommend using this machine in countries that do not support 120V AC even if a voltage adapter is in use
The Brother XM2701 comes jam-packed with so many features that it’s difficult to wrap your head around how it’s offered at the price point that it is. Up to this point, the Brother XM2701 knocks the kids sewing machine competition out of the water. It has 27 stitch patterns, a jam-resistant drop-in top bobbin, an easy thread system, and an instructional DVD.
Basically, it’s easy to get started with, and it’s easy to learn about the machine with the included DVD. The knob on the front also allows for super quick and easy changing of the stitch selection. The included 25-Year Warranty is icing on the cake at this point, cementing its spot at number two on the countdown of best kids sewing machines.
The Hello Kitty Sewing Machine is the best kids sewing machine on the market. With a design as great as its features, it’ll be sure to entertain your children for years. The problem with many other kids sewing machines is that they are considered toys, but not this one. With 22 stitches, a built-in needle threader, and a free arm for collars and sleeves, this machine is far from a toy.
Perhaps the best thing is the Hello Kitty branding, making for not just a useful machine, but a good-looking one. Topping it off is a place for accessory storage. It’s a beautiful machine, but make no mistake, it’s the best kids sewing machine on the market.
Sewing Machines For Kids Buyer’s Guide
There’s a lot of technical terms being thrown around in these reviews, so it may benefit you to brush up on some of the features to look for when purchasing the best kids sewing machines for your needs. Here’s a quick breakdown of some terms you’ll often see and how they relate to your kids sewing machine experience.
Free Arm Machine : A model that allows the sewer to manipulate fabric more easily around and under the needle. Perfect for sewing collars and sleeves.
Finger Guard : A metal guard attached to the presser foot bar so that any unintentional touching of the needle is negated.
Stitch Count : While some machines offer only 6 or so types of stitches, others come with upward of 20 options. This means that certain machines can allow your child to really get creative while others are more akin to coloring within the lines.
Keep these terms in mind when comparing prices and features to find the Best Sewing Machine For Kids!