These are the top five best Whole House Fans on the market, chosen from Dozens of models.
#5 – Air Vent Inc. 54301
The Air Vent Inc. is one of the best whole house fans. It is very easy to install and it is much quieter than many of the other fans out there.
The fan is great in the aspect that it can cool down the house under 15 minutes and also functions effectively even in the hottest weather. Although the shutters rattle while the fan is switched on, the fan is generally more quiet than a lot of the other fans available in the market. Overall, the Air Vent Inc. fan is quite an effective product to have in the house to keep rooms cool and ventilated.
- Powerful two-speed thermally protected 1/3 HP motor creates efficient ventilation
- Precision-balanced aluminum fan blade assembly with four fan blades for superior air movement
- Steel venturi for enhanced durability
- Automatic shutter with white powder-coated finish
- Joist in or joist out installation
The Cool Quiet Belt Drive is a good investment to make in order to keep your house cool and well ventilated. Thanks to its efficient design, this is one of the best whole house fans on the market.
The fan has a very powerful motor and offers very good air ventilation. It is also very easy to install. While it can be a bit noisy, a person will notice the noise only when standing quite close to it. The Cool Quiet Belt Drive is a durable fan that is meant to last a very long time.
- 2-speed, thermally protected PSC motor for 2,000 - 3,000 square feet on one story
- Precision-balanced aluminum fan blade assembly with 4 blades with CFM of 7,800/5,400
- Joist-in/joist out installation with steel venturi for enhanced durability.It ensures CFM high and low ratings at 4600 and 3200 to effectively ventilate single story single family sized homes.
- This unit requires a minimum of 8-10 sq. ft. of net free exhaust vent area to perform quietly and efficiently. 30-inch white, powder coated finish automatic shutter has 95% plus air closure
- High/low/off wall switch included
- Left Bowl Length14.9
The Cool Attic CX30BD2SPD is of the best attic fans that you can go for. It is a great investment considering the fact that it will efficiently reduce the cost of air conditioning.
With a great motor, the fan has the capability of cooling down an entire floor within twenty minutes, regardless of how hot it is outside. It is very easy to install and has enhanced durability due to the steel venturi it comes with. The Cool Attic CX30BD2SPD is one of the best options available if you want to keep your house cool during summer.
#2 – Quietcool Qc Cl-1500
- The Quiet Cool Classic Line features our patented, self-contained duct system that hangs in the attic to help neutralize the sound and noise vibration heard in the home.
- The included damper system features barometric pressurized gravity dampers that insure there will be no heat/cooling loss between the home and attic
- All Quiet Cool Classic Line fans include our standard efficiency permanent split capacitor motors. These motors offer above-average efficiency with enormous value.
- 1464 Cfm
- Covers up to 730 Square Feet
The QuietCool QC CL-1500 is one of the best whole house fans for a number of reasons. Easy installation, huge savings on electricity bills, and excessive quietness are just to name a few.
With the fan, there is a slight breeze, but you have to be close to the unit in order to feel it. Regardless, the fan serves its purpose by lowering down the temperature of the house considerably. Definitely recommended for any houses that need some assistance in cooling down. The QuietCool QC CL-1500 is a great whole house fan that you should consider buying due to its power and lack of noise.
- 2-speed, thermally protected PSC motor for up to 1,800 square feet on one story
- Precision-balanced aluminum fan blade assembly with 4 blades with CFM of 4,600/3,200
- Joist-in/joist out installation with steel venturi for enhanced durability
- 24-inch white, powder coated finish automatic shutter has 95% plus air closure
- High/low/off wall switch included
The Cool Attic CX242DDWTUPS is a great unit for both large houses and small properties. You should definitely consider buying this unit, as it is the best whole house fan on the market.
The four blades of the fan perform greatly and create a strong breeze that flows throughout the house. The Cool Attic CX242DDWTUPS makes a tiny bit of noise, but this is because of its powerful operation and energy efficient design. This is the best cooling investment you could make for your home.
Whole House Fans Buyer’s Guide
When browsing the web, you likely have come across numerous best whole house fan reviews. However, if you dig in deeper you would see that not all of them provide you with quality information. There are a number of factors that have to be considered before making the final purchase with regard to a whole house fan.
Space: This is perhaps the most important factor. You should see the distance that the breeze from the fan is able to cover. The fan you choose should at least cover up to three quarters of your floor plan.
Noise: Some whole fans make rattling sounds and very noisy while others are really quiet. What you first need to decide is that are you okay with buying a fan that makes noise but performs well or not. If the slightest of noise disturbs you then you should make your choices wisely, otherwise you’ll get annoyed when removing the fan you took time to install.
Effectiveness: One major factor that you need to consider is the effectiveness of the fan. This refers to how much the fan contributes towards cutting down the cost of electricity and whether the cost of the unit is in accordance with the amount it helps in saving.
Easy To Install: You also need to see whether or not the whole house fan you’re interested in buying is easy to install. Nobody likes spending hours trying to figure out how to install a fan and to make it function properly.
Keep these terms in mind when comparing prices and features to find the Best Whole House Fan!