Are you shopping for a new gaming headset? There are a few things to consider when comparing wireless headsets. Find out about the features to look for if you want to find the best wireless gaming headset and take a look at our product recommendations.
A wireless gaming headset provides you with high-quality audio and freedom of movement when playing your favorite video game. Find out about the different features you should look at when shopping for a new headset and take a look at our product recommendations.
How We Chose Our Ratings
These are the factors we took into consideration to help you select the best wireless gaming headset:
Top Seven Wireless Gaming Headsets in the Market
These seven products are the best headsets we found in different price ranges. We also recommend that you explore other products offered by these manufacturers.
- EXCEPTIONAL AUDIO PERFORMANCE: The G633 Artemis Spectrum produces crisp 7.1 Dolby and DTS headphone surround sound. The advanced Pro-G drivers and On-Board Equalizers allow customizable audio for serious gamers
- COMPATABLE ON MULTIPLE PLATFORMS: This gaming headphone is compatible with PCs, mobile devices, PS4s, the Xbox One, and more.Frequency response: 100Hz-20KHz
- MULTIPLE SOURCE AUDIO MIXING: Plug in two devices (1 USB and a 3.5-millimeter connection) to answer calls and play music without interrupting your gaming session
- FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE: Utilize Logitech Gaming Software to choose from millions of lighting colors, set customized audio EQ, and program three G-keys with your favorite game macros
- FOLDAWAY NOISE-CANCELLING MIC: The flexible boom microphone includes an LED light to let you know when you're on mute settings. Fold it back when not in use for a superior audio experience
This gaming headset from Logitech stands out because of the sound quality it delivers. The 7.1 surround sound feature creates an immersive experience when combined with the closed-back design.
There is a built-in mic that you can fold if you decide you don’t want to use it. The noise canceling feature of the mic delivers excellent audio quality for your voice and is ideal if you like to record your gameplay while commenting on it.
We like the fact that this headset can mix audio from different sources. You can use a wireless USB source to hear audio from your game and connect two analog sources to the headset to listen to music while you play.
This product is compatible with PC, Mac, and any gaming console. The padded design is also worth mentioning since it will keep you comfortable during long video game sessions.
You can download companion software to create different sound profiles and program the three buttons you will find on the headset. You can also customize the lighting of the headset. The lighting is not a crucial feature, but it is helpful if you often play in low light settings.
You will get a 12-hour battery life with this headset, but the battery can drain faster depending on how you use the lighting feature.
The only downside of this headset is that you will only get surround sound while playing on PC or Mac. The headset delivers stereo sound on gaming consoles.
- Optimal PS5 compatibility requires user to change settings on Sony PS5 – disable Sony 3D Audio and then increase default volume to 100%
- Designed for everywhere you game, with superior sound, comfort and style on all gaming platforms, including pc, PlayStation, Xbox one, Nintendo switch, VR and mobile via detachable 3.5 millimeter cables
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, the discord certified clear cast microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation
- Sound is your competitive advantage with the s1 speaker drivers, engineered to produce ultra-low distortion audio so you hear every detail
- Play all day with athletics inspired performance fabric air weave ear cushions that keep your ears cool and dry
We like this gaming headset because it is compatible with all platforms and delivers excellent sound quality while reducing interferences. However, this wireless headset is slightly different from other products.
This isn’t an entirely wireless headset. You will need to plug it in your PC or video game controller with the 3.5mm jack wired to the headset.
The headset will then mix audio from your game with a Bluetooth source. This is ideal if you use chatting apps such as Discord or the Nintendo Switch app. You can also use this feature to listen to music while you play.
We also like the built-in mic for this headset. The ClearCast technology integrated into the mic makes your voice sound more natural.
This headset is an excellent choice if you are looking for something you can use for gaming, music, and movies. The low-distortion headphones are very versatile.
- Experience audio exactly as developers intended with ASTRO audio, delivering amplified stereo sound and 40mm driver audio fidelity tuned specifically for a competitive edge
- Durable construction forged in Premium, damage-resistant materials gives you a wireless headset created to withstand wins, losses, and everything in between
- With up to 15+ hours of battery life, you can game Free knowing your Gear can keep up with you on marathon gaming sessions
- Flexible, lightweight materials with cloth ear cushions and headband means you never have to worry about headset fatigue shutting your game down before you're ready
- The ASTRO command center software allows you to tune every input and output parameter
This wireless gaming headset is affordable and compatible with PC, Mac, and Xbox One. It uses a Wi-Fi connection and delivers stereo sound while reducing interferences and background noises.
There is a built-in mic with a switch you can use to mute it as needed. The omnidirectional design of the mic will prevent it from picking up background noises.
This is a gaming headset with a closed-back design, which makes for a more immersive experience. You will get ten hours of battery life.
You can download software to create sound profiles and adjust EQ. We like this feature since it allows you to adjust the headphone and mic volumes separately.
This product is an excellent choice if you are looking for sound quality on a budget. The main downside is that this headset isn’t compatible with the PlayStation platform.
- Xbox wireless: Enjoy a direct connection from your headset to your Xbox One or Xbox Series X console, or compatible Windows 10 PCs (may require Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows (not included)
- Windows sonic surround sound: Windows Sonic for headphones (and compatible Windows 10 PCs) by Microsoft delivers immersive virtual surround sound to bring your games, movies and music to life
- High quality audio: A bigger speaker delivers better quality audio, and the stealth 600 features large, powerful 50 millimeter speakers to deliver crisp highs and deep, thundering lows
- Glasses friendly comfort ear: Cushions are wrapped in a breathable mesh fabric for comfort, and feature Turtle Beach's ProSpecs glasses friendly design which removes pressure on your glasses
- All day battery life: Always be ready to play with up to 15 hours of gaming per charge
This is the best wireless gaming headset if you own an Xbox One and don’t plan on using your headset for other purposes. This headset is convenient since you can connect it directly to your console. There is no need to use an adapter or to synchronize your headset with your TV.
There is an automatic connection feature that makes synchronizing your headset with your Xbox One quick and easy.
You can expect excellent sound quality and very little interference or latency with this headset. It delivers surround sound, and you will also find a built-in mic that you can flip up. The fifteen hours of battery life are one of the advantages of this gaming headset.
We like the padded over-ear design that reduces outside noises while providing you with a comfortable fit. The headband is covered in mesh fabric for comfort.
You can control the game and chat volumes separately. You can also choose from different audio presets if you want to boost bass or adjust EQ.
- Microfiber mesh fabric and memory foam provide exceptional comfort. Connector USB Type A
- Legendary CORSAIR build quality ensures long term durability. Frequency Response: 20Hz 20 kHz. Sensitivity: 38dB (+/ 3dB). While charging, the LEDs on InfoMic will light up. Depending on the battery levels the LED will light up different colors red: low battery, amber: 20percentage or higher, green: fully charged
- Custom tuned 50mm neodymium speaker drivers bring the action to life with wide range and accuracy. Microphone Frequency Response: 100Hz to 10kHz
- Enjoy crystal clear, low latency, wireless audio with up to 40ft range and up to 16 hours of battery life
- Optimized unidirectional microphone with LED mute indicator reduces ambient noise for enhanced voice quality. Easily stowed and muted by pushing up and out of the way
This headset is an affordable option to consider if you are looking for a PC gaming headset. The product is highly recommended for use with Discord audio chat.
The comfortable fit of this gaming headset helps the product stand out in this price range. You can adjust the headset for a comfortable experience.
The over-ear design features thick cushions. The closed-back design will reduce outside noises while you play or chat.
The durable design of the headset makes this product a good buy. However, you won’t be able to use this headset with a gaming system, and some shoppers think the battery life is too short.
- LAG FREE 2.4 GHZ WIRELESS USB ADAPTER: 12+2 Meter range capability
- LARGE 50 MM DRIVERS: High fidelity gaming grade audio
- UNIDIRECTIONAL DIGITAL BOOM MICROPHONE: Optimized for more natural sounds and crystal clear voice reproduction
- QUICK ACTION CONTROLS: Adjust mic, volume levels, and mute without fumbling with onscreen controls
- POWERED BY RAZER CHROMA: Explore countless lighting options with 16.8 million customizable color options
This high-end gaming headset delivers unmatched audio quality for PC gaming. You can use this headset with PC, Mac, and PlayStation.
The 7.1 surround sound feature is what sets this headset apart. The headphones deliver a very realistic and immersive experience.
The range of the wireless headset is 12 meters or just under 40 feet. You can expect to get high sound quality even at this range.
The controls are worth mentioning. The intuitive design allows you to easily mute the mic or adjust game and chat volumes without pausing your game. This product is designed to eliminate lag and interferences.
We also like the over-ear design. You will find thick cushions made from plush leatherette that provide you with a comfortable fit. You will find some indents to reduce pressure for those who wear glasses.
- 【GAMES, PC MOVIES & MORE】Whether you are binge watching your favorite shows or movies, watching the big game or playing on your PS4, Nintendo Switch, Windows PC or Mac, our set includes both wireless headphones and a transmitter to enhance your listening experience!
- 【VOIP & MUSIC TOGETHER AT LAST】No more having to choose between hearing your conversations with teammates or listening to background music while playing your favorite games! With our headset, you can hear both simmultaneously in a crystal clear, high quality audio experience.
- 【NO MORE DELAY】The most annoying thing about using headphones to play games or watch movies is the noticeable lip sync delay. Featuring fast stream technology, our headphones minimize this delay (<40ms delay) to non-detectable levels so you can enjoy your games at their best.
- 【TRULY PLUG & PLAY】If you are not a genius when it comes to technology, have no fear! Our headphones and transmitter set offers a true plug and play experience as they arrive pre-paired. No need to worry about installing drivers or other complicated installs - just a simple solution to your gaming needs.
- 【LONG LIVE YOUR BATTERY】Featuring up to 40 hours of play time with each charge, our headset is designed to help you take on even the most intense gaming battles or binge watching sessions on PC without having to recharge. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact us so we can make it right.
These headphones are an excellent budget option for casual gamers. There are a few features missing when compared to other wireless gaming headsets, but we think this product is a good choice if you are looking for an affordable and versatile headset.
You can use this Bluetooth headset with a PC, PS4, or Nintendo Switch. The 40-hour battery life makes this headset an interesting choice.
You can also mix audio from different sources. You can answer VoIP calls or listen to music while gaming.
The headset delivers good quality audio and does a great job of suppressing delays. Note that these headphones feature stereo and not surround sound and don’t have a mic.
We think this headset would be a good choice if you want a product you can use to listen to music, watch movies, and only occasionally need headphones for gaming.
How To Choose The Right Wireless Gaming Headset
You can find the best wireless gaming headset by looking at a few specs. You should decide how much you want to spend on your new headset so you can focus on finding the best value in a specific price range when shopping for video game accessories.
Some headsets are designed with PC gaming in mind while others are made to be used with a specific gaming system. If you are more of a PC gamer or have a favorite console, look for a headset designed for the platform you are most likely to use.
If you play on different platforms, look for a versatile headset. It is possible to find products that work on PC, Mac, PlayStation, and Xbox.
The price of a gaming headset is usually a good indicator of the sound quality you can expect. You should also take a look at user reviews to get a better idea of how well the headset performs in different settings.
Pay attention to the range of the wireless headset. A product with a short range will deliver good sound quality as long as you aren’t far from your PC or console. This isn’t an issue for PC gaming, but investing in a headset with a longer range is interesting if you want to use it with a PlayStation or Xbox console.
The frequency a pair of headphones can cover is another indicator of sound quality. There isn’t a huge difference, but you will get better bass if you purchase a headset with a wide frequency range.
You will probably wear your gaming headset for hours when playing your favorite video games. It is important to choose a product that fits comfortably.
Look for a headset that can be adjusted. Padding around the ears is another interesting feature.
Open-Back Or Closed-Back Design?
An open-back design won’t cover your entire ear. This design is ideal if you want to keep temperatures down and want to be able to hear outside noises when you play.
The downside of an open-back design is that those around you might be able to hear sounds coming out of your headset. Your mic might pick up some of these sounds.
A closed-back headset will insulate you from outside noises when you play. This design provides a more immersive experience.
Surround sound is an interesting feature for gaming headsets. This is the main difference between headphones designed for gaming and headphones that are primarily used to listen to music.
Stereo makes audio more dynamic by playing sounds on one side or the other. Surround sound is more precise than stereo and can create the impression that a sound is coming from a specific point on a three-dimensional plane.
Surround sound creates a more immersive experience since it will help you determine where sounds are coming from in your video game.
You might not need a high-quality mic if you only occasionally use it to interact with other players. You can also find wireless gaming headsets without a built-in mic.
If you often play collaborative games or like to record yourself when playing video games, look for a headset with a good mic. Noise cancellation is the most important feature to look for in a gaming mic.
Wireless headsets are an excellent choice because they give you more freedom of movement. However, the downside is that you need to recharge your headset’s battery regularly.
Look for a headset that comes with a charging station and that charges quickly. Find out how long a battery charge lasts and look for a headset that comes with an additional battery if you plan on using it for long hours.
These are the main features to look at when comparing gaming headsets. You can find the best wireless gaming headset in your price range if you look at reviews from other gamers and make sure the product you choose is a good fit for your needs and expectations regarding audio quality.
Last update on 2021-06-12 at 16:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API