Showing all 5 results
Guide to Buying Tumblers
Tumblers come in a variety of colors and sizes, meeting the needs of all types of consumers. These containers originally had a pointed bottom so that the drink could not be set down. This forced the drinker to finish the drink before it was placed on the table. They have since dropped the pointed bottom in favor of a flat one.
Tumblers can hold both hot and cold liquids and keep them at those temperatures for extended periods of time. They’re made to be taken out with you wherever you go, so make sure you pick the best one. Here are some things you should consider when shopping for tumblers online.
Types of Tumblers
Aluminum: Aluminum tumblers typically come without any lids. These are less popular, but a good option if you’re looking for something really cheap.
Glass: Heavy duty and usually kept at home, glass tumblers are best used on special occasions. A few come with lids, but most don’t.
Plastic: Plastic tumblers are another cheap option and work decently. Many of them come with straws that fit through the lid.
Stainless Steel: These tumblers are the most sturdy and effective at keeping liquid at the desired temperature. They’re easy to wash and built so so that they don’t spill easily. A few types of stainless steel tumblers come with a straw that fits through the lid for convenient drinking.
Useful Tips For Shoppers
Tumblers can vary drastically in price depending on the type or on the brand. There are some really bad tumblers out there, so watch out for them. Here are some useful tips when shopping for tumblers online.
- You can put pretty much any drink in a tumbler. Hot and cold drinks will stay the same temperature if the tumbler is high quality.
- Generally, cheap tumblers aren’t very well insulated while the more expensive ones are.
- Tumblers are usually made to hold around 30 ounces although some hold substantially less than that.
- Some tumblers are meant to be kept at home while others are made specifically for travel.
- You’ll want to spend a bit more money on tumblers designed for hiking and camping so they last you longer and keep nature out of your container.
- There are plenty of tumblers designed and branded by other companies. You can probably find a tumbler with decals from your favorite franchise if you look long enough.
RTIC: RTIC is a US-based company most known for making coolers for food and drink. They also make a variety of drinkware products, including tumblers. Their main office of operations is located in Houston, Texas, although they have fulfillment centers in other parts of the country.
Starbucks: Starbucks has become a force to be reckoned with in the last few years. They have branched out into selling drinkware and equipment to make coffee after becoming successful. Starbucks is mostly known for their coffee and various types of frappuccinos.
Yeti: This company was founded by two brothers looking for high quality outdoor coolers. They make a variety of drinkware that are more premium, but last longer than is typical. Yeti’s products lend themselves to hiking and camping situations.